Pre-match thread

KJT123

Bruce would be extremely unwise to pick a weak team here. There will be lots of Villa fans and if we f*** up here people will go nuts and the players and manager will certainly know about it.

This is a very important game. This club has very rarely been a positive place for a number of seasons for good reason, and we have teetered somewhere between on-the-fence and toxicity under Bruce. I can confidently say the latter will be the case if we lose and it will not be pretty for anybody.

Win at all costs. The only way a loss would be acceptable would be if Bruce was sacked immediately afterwards.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Bruce would be extremely unwise to pick a weak team here. There will be lots of Villa fans and if we f*** up here people will go nuts and the players and manager will certainly know about it.

This is a very important game. This club has very rarely been a positive place for a number of seasons for good reason, and we have teetered somewhere between on-the-fence and toxicity under Bruce. I can confidently say the latter will be the case if we lose and it will not be pretty for anybody.

Win at all costs. The only way a loss would be acceptable would be if Bruce was sacked immediately afterwards.

If we win this game we are seeded next round so likely we could get a decent draw next round. He definitely should play a fairly decent side.

just rest terry, whelan and taylor for this one 

2 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

For me, we need to play a strong side as we only know too well how important confidence is. 

Second game of the season, I know they come thick and fast but we need to go for the jugular!!

UTV

Agreed 4 or 5 goals tonight will be huge no matter who it's against. We see so often teams on a tear in the Cup taking that form into the League and winning for fun there as well. If Hogan and Green can bag a few tonight it will be huge for us going forward.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Agreed 4 or 5 goals tonight will be huge no matter who it's against. We see so often teams on a tear in the Cup taking that form into the League and winning for fun there as well. If Hogan and Green can bag a few tonight it will be huge for us going forward.

Was the last time we scored 4 goals that game at Sunderland?

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Was the last time we scored 4 goals that game at Sunderland?

It was yeah. We've only had a handful of games since 2012 where we have scored 4 or more goals.

It's Colchester though so I think our chances of scoring 4 or more are higher than they would be otherwise... I hope.

• Like 1

Must win for me tonight, if nothing else to bring some confidence and positivity to the players and club.

I'm pumped. Can't wait to be done at work and then watch us score a few goals. 

Im a Bruce backer but I agree with the sentiment that he needs to win, a loss tonight and even my optimism will be tested. 

We have a match in a couple days after this, I can pretty much guarantee Bruce puts out a full 2nd team with maybe 1-2 regulars. 

I feel pretty confident we will see:

------------------------------Steer------------------------------

-----Bree-------Richards------Samba-----Taylor---

------------------------------Whelan---------------------------

---Adomah---Hourihane----Onomah----Birkir--

-------------------------------Hogan---------------------------

Only question is will he rest Whelan and play someone like Lyden there since we do have the match Saturday. Also no back up left back, but RDL can play there, but hasn't featured at all yet. Also our striker options after Hogan and Gabby are just Davis and RHM. 

Just so everyone's prepared, he's going to play 3-4-2-1 tonight...

Not ITK, just a hunch, but with Amavi halfway out the door I think we'll see Taylor rested and that'll prompt a change in formation.

Screen Shot.png

EDIT - Not sure about Al Green at left wing, or Dr Bree.  Three extras from The Bill playing in defence too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Second match of the season, didn't lose first one, but Bruce should go if we lose this one. Absolute hysteria.

I don't think its just the loss I think its where the players confidence will be after a loss. Lose tonight, then bad result against Cardiff. Spirals outta control in no time. A good solid win is what we need and must get. Not sure if Bruce should go based on a loss but his sphincter certainly will tighten up.