Tor

NurembergVillan

Do any of you guys use Tor as your web browser?

I don't know much about it, but I know that I'm getting weirded out and fed up of searching for something and then have adverts for it follow across all my devices and apps.

I know the likes of the Daily Mail paint it as the preserve of perverts looking to buy guns, drugs or kids but wondered if any of you use it, or even what you all know about it.

PS - I don't work for the CIA/FBI/MI5.

I use it on occasion, mostly if I need an exitpoint in a certain place to get around IP region blocks and can't be arsed with a VPN. It usually does a fair job at hiding you with acceptable speeds for browsing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tor would be most likely be overkill in this situation.

Running Chrome in incognito mode or equivalent, changing browser settings to clear all cookies upon closing should have the same effect, without the performance degradation of running Tor as a everyday browser.  If you're logged into the same Google account on these devices then the history is probably syncing between and them and this is the cause of the following ads. I believe you can turn off search activity tracking and associated devices in account settings.

Â