Barcelona

steve1986

I have seen there was a topic on here a while ago for Barcelona, but thought that people might have been more recently. So does anyone have any hints/tips for my trip? I am going for 4 days next week from Thursday to Monday, I have got tickets for Barcelona v Real Madrid on the Sunday night, but nothing else planned.

Thanks

I've been twice, once with the missus once with the lads, it's a very different city when you're a group of lads

la rambla is the obvious bit for drinking, it's the Main Street, it's expensive but it's interesting, on the night I've never been offered drugs so much in my life and there's loads of Catalonia gypsies that I can't remember what they're called but they swarm round you and 2 of my mates got pickpocketed by them, off la rambla there are loads of bars down the various side streets, I had a good night to the right of it (if the port was at the bottom of the map) in between la rambla and the zoo, good tequila bar and silent disco and a couple of Irish bars

didnt do the harbour which is meant to be another good albeit expensive night

cant remember any clubs just late night bars, if you like live music / indie nightclub (snobs) then have a look at razzmatazz 

if you want something to do in the day there's a fair bit there with the beach and it's an interesting city just to walk round and spot the various gaudi buildings so pick a bar that you think will be good and even though the tube there is pretty good just walk there, like I said you can sit in the sun in the gaudi park and people watch with a shop bought beer, round the back of montjuic it's pretty quiet and chilled if you wanted to sit down with a sandwich and beer (go see the fountain on the night)

if you plan on doing a Barca game make sure you book a long weekend, la liga I think can change the kick off times for TV games with a weeks notice

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2017 at 11:13, steve1986 said:

I have seen there was a topic on here a while ago for Barcelona, but thought that people might have been more recently. So does anyone have any hints/tips for my trip? I am going for 4 days next week from Thursday to Monday, I have got tickets for Barcelona v Real Madrid on the Sunday night, but nothing else planned.

Thanks

Hope you got back before the shit hit the fan over there mate!

Edit: just seen you came back Monday, never mind!

Edited by Stevo985

Â