Football Betting 17/18 Season

Genie

Loads of coupon busters this weekend.

Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea all drawing at very short odds to win.

I won £10 with the Spurs draw and £25 with the Chelsea draw. 

I had £2 on Burnley to win at 15's which would have been nice.

I got fed up of doing Acca's on a weekend on apparent 'bankers' as sure as hell 1 always let's you down.. usually your 'banker'.

I remember one about 2 seasons ago I had £50 acca on 6 teams.. 5 won their 3pm games.. IIRC I was waiting on top of the league Man city (my banker) to win their 17.15pm game for £8,000 or so.

They drew - against one of the bottom 3 relegation favourites.

I stopped betting on football after that.

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I got fed up of doing Acca's on a weekend on apparent 'bankers' as sure as hell 1 always let's you down.. usually your 'banker'.

I remember one about 2 seasons ago I had £50 acca on 6 teams.. 5 won their 3pm games.. IIRC I was waiting on top of the league Man city (my banker) to win their 17.15pm game for £8,000 or so.

They drew - against one of the bottom 3 relegation favourites.

I stopped betting on football after that.

I thought the idea of the acca was a cheap (couple of quid) fun bet where you could get a few hundred back. 

I went close with a £2 treble for £400 mid week.

£50 a time is mental! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought the idea of the acca was a cheap (couple of quid) fun bet where you could get a few hundred back. 

I went close with a £2 treble for £400 mid week.

£50 a time is mental! 

When you look at it that way I guess it is.

When you also see people shoving £200 a time in these crack pot routlette machines it makes our betting look peanuts.  ;)

44 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

When you look at it that way I guess it is.

When you also see people shoving £200 a time in these crack pot routlette machines it makes our betting look peanuts.  ;)

I know, but that kind of money it becomes serious and stressful. Few quid here or there makes the games a bit more interesting and no great shakes if it loses. 

I had a £2 treble Wednesday 200/1 on Leeds, Leicester win and Spurs to draw. Leicester were winning as Leeds went in the lead and Spurs were drawing with about 10 minutes to go, I was waiting for the cash out offer to see if I could bank some nice profit but Spurs bloody scored killing it. Was exciting for about a minute though!

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

If you do an acca, then the best thing to do is avoid the football until all scores are tied up, then you won't stress at it because you've missed all the "ifs, buts and maybe's". 

Good advice, I remember couple of years back I had an acca that was paying out about  £350. I had small Heath to draw but going into last mins they were 3-1 up so assumed that was that.

Bit later on I caught someone taking piss out of a blues fan on fb so I thought what was that all about... they conceded 2 in injury and I won the bet :lol: So happy with that!

I've had a fiver on a five fold today. The max I'll put on an acca is a tenner, but there are times I'll have a few lose quid in the pocket and just have two or three quid on it instead of using money out the bank. I have a limit in terms of what I spend every week and I rarely break the rules and go over it. I love the horses too, so whenever there is a good festival on I'll allow myself a bit extra. Gambling is fun aslong as it don't get too serious and it becomes a problem. football don't bother me too much, but the horses gives me a rush, but with that rush if I have a bad day I also have a come down off it. Nowt better than watching your horse win.

• Like 1

I've used a free £10 sign up bet with skybet on the following acca. 

UNITED v Palace 

Villa v Bolton

Bournemouth v Leicester 

Burton v Wolves

Cardiff v Derby

Pays £140.

I actually cocked up the bet, i did mean to back Spurs instead of Leicester. But hey ho. 

Germany to win at Northern Ireland (3/10)
Wales to win in Georgia (21/20)
Italy HT/FT v Macedonia (4/9)
Spain HT/FT v Albania (4/11)
Ukraine to win at Kosovo (1/7)

£10 returns £60

Went with the bigger odds this time.

6/5 Wolves/Villa over 2.5 goals
37/40 Leeds v Reading
11/8 Cardiff @ noses
1/1 Sheff Wed @ Bolton
19/20 Brentford v Millwall
20/21 Fulham v PNE

Fives from six (6 bets @ €1 each).  Returns up to €223.

Â