Josh Onomah

skarroki

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think lansbury has shown more than Hourihane to be honest 

Fair comment. I think it's safe to say they've both been disappointing though. 
Don't know how good this lad Onomah is, but he certainly has a chance of starting having seen Hourihane and Lansbury in pre-season. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Fair comment. I think it's safe to say they've both been disappointing though. 
Don't know how good this lad Onomah is, but he certainly has a chance of starting having seen Hourihane and Lansbury in pre-season. 

Yep and add Bjarson to the mix. All three need to do better 

Welcome Josh, good luck to you lad.

Little paragraph off the net: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/04/tottenham-josh-onomah-aston-villa-loan

There has been a question mark over Onomah’s best position. Pochettino has seen him as an attacking midfielder, who can play anywhere in the line of three behind the striker but Onomah shone at the Under-20 World Cup in a box-to-box role, with a deeper starting position. Steve Bruce, the Villa manager, has moved for him after losing Jack Grealish for at least three months to a freak kidney injury.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Well some loans have options to buy I'd be excited about those kind of loans as there would be a possibility of them being our player in the future not this one though.

Let's not start the option to buy talk again, I'm still haunted by the Walker debate. It won't be there, not with Spurs and not with them having just given him a new deal.

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Meh can't get excited not our player I'm sure he will do well though and go back to spurs in the summer

So elevating us in terms of our status and putting us in a position when we are ready to to go for better quality, i.e when we are in the prem......is nothing to stir the loins?.;)

Edited by TRO

I know it's a lazy comparison but for me he is very similar to Dele Alli in terms of his style of play. When Alli was coming through at MK Dons he was played as a DM and winger a lot, almost to shoehorn him into the side.

However, both Alli's attributes and Onomah's suit the "number 10" role, or just effectively a box-to-box midfielder with the emphasis heavily on attacking, maybe how Milner played in our midfield. That's how I see it. I think he'll come back on the attack and work hard, and can be shoehorned out wide if we have injuries, I think that's why Bruce likes him, a hard worker who won't shy from the defensive responsibilities.

He's a very exciting, skillful player though in my view and I highly doubt he'll be competing with anyone in our current midfield for a starting spot. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just hope all these players dont need time to gel like January 

I think that's the importance of a preseason, to get players in and with a manager all at the same time. Obv Onomah has come in late, but one player slotting in to a side isn't likely to be as problematic as several. 

Edited by alreadyexists

49 minutes ago, Junxs said:

To be fair he's only had 6 months or so to settle, would be gutted if he was shunted out to make way for a loan player.

You could argue in a way that Samba and Terry are only loans as they only have 1 year contracts and we've already lost Baker because of that.

I'd like to think Houirhane will be a different player to the one we saw end of last season. 

good point about Terry and Samba

yeah he needs a bit of time, but I think he ha shad the summer now same with the others that came. Its time to start delivering 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Junxs said:

To be fair he's only had 6 months or so to settle, would be gutted if he was shunted out to make way for a loan player.

You could argue in a way that Samba and Terry are only loans as they only have 1 year contracts and we've already lost Baker because of that.

I'd like to think Houirhane will be a different player to the one we saw end of last season. 

completely agree. I really hope we give him more than 6 months and I reckon we will too. there is definitely a footballer in there and I think he might surprise a few people this year.

• Like 2

Â