Josh Onomah

skarroki

He looks like he's having a bit of a bad spell atm. He has been good too for us. I don't think he looks any lazier than say Davis. He strikes me as someone that prefers to read the game rather than launching into every situation like a workhorse player would. Granted he hasn't been very good as of late and it should encourage other players to have a go at taking his place in the squad.

On 2/19/2018 at 13:54, wilko154 said:

Once again we scapegoat a player...

He was poor on Saturday, but then he was playing in a position that doesn't suit him. He's a centre midfielder however we barely ever play him there which is why we don't see the best from him. With Grealish out tomorrow we need to play him through the middle to carry the ball forward for us. Granted he's not as good as Grealish but he's our best option for this currently, especially with O'Hare looking unlikely to be in the squad. If we play someone like Lansbury or Jedinak with Bjarnasson then the team is too defensive and we struggle to get out.

Onomah started the season really well for us but he has been limited to 10/20 minute spells here and there, or being played in the completely wrong position, left wing, striker etc. 

Spot on.

That's just it though, he's clearly not garbage he's just incredibly lazy. He expects everything to come to him without him offering an option or putting a shift in. Going to be a big waste of talent IMO. Hope Bruce bollocks him at ht. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

That's just it though, he's clearly not garbage he's just incredibly lazy. He expects everything to come to him without him offering an option or putting a shift in. Going to be a big waste of talent IMO. Hope Bruce bollocks him at ht. 

I don't see the talent, he has no end product, his passing is poor, he seems to have some pace and decent technique, but that's hardly much in the way of talent.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm just shocked how much stick he gets. Hourihane had about 5 touches all half and yet people wanted him to stay on the pitch and this guy off. 

I'm not saying he had a good game. But he was no way the worst player on the pitch. 

He was 

Hourihane and Thor also had shockers but at least they got their shorts dirty 

he improved marginally second half tbf , but he really shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team at the moment 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He was 

Hourihane and Thor also had shockers but at least they got their shorts dirty 

he improved marginally second half tbf , but he really shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team at the moment 

He really wasn't. Far from it. I must have been watching a different game to you lot. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â