Josh Onomah

skarroki

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm hoping that with this addition and elmohamady, covering pretty all the positions Bacuna 'plays', then we may go back to reading and say 'yes, 1.5 mill and he's yours.'

Hopefully this is what Bruce is referring to when mentioning 'best' players he needs to sell for FFP :D

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There have been many cases of lower league teams  ;) having to play players given to them on loan deals, I haven't just pulled it out my ass  :)

Does it just refer to players 'starting' matches, or can you just bring the player on in the 92nd minute?

What happens if you don't play the player one week? Will the parent club immediately recall him? What happens if the loaned player is utterly dreadful and looks like the worst player on the league to everyone who sees him?

Tbh, I think it's a load of bollocks. It sounds like one of those things that could be written, some way or another, into a contract, but it'd be very vague or open to interpretation.

I can see how what @villa4europe says could be true. Pay more weekly if the player doesn't play. But, again, can you just bring the player on in the last minute of injury time to avoid the extra wage fee?

Great addition! Glad he is here for the whole season, it should give him a real chance to make an impact. 

Hopefully some clause inserted so if he does well we can get him back, either permanently or on loan again.

Did he sign a new contract with Spurs before he joined us?

1 minute ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Great addition! Glad he is here for the whole season, it should give him a real chance to make an impact. 

Hopefully some clause inserted so if he does well we can get him back, either permanently or on loan again.

We wont be getting him permanent unfortunately as spurs rate him highly. But he will want to impress so he can show poch he is good enough which can only be of benefit to me 

Hmm, he's bearded. Good sign.

Also, I like the font they used in the headline tag. As we all know, a pretty and functional font type is a sure sign that things are all right behind the scenes. Bring on the season!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We wont be getting him permanent unfortunately as spurs rate him highly. But he will want to impress so he can show poch he is good enough which can only be of benefit to me 

Yeah he played 5 senior games for Spurs last season and played in the Champions League for at least 1 game. Spurs love this kid which is why it's impressive that we got him on loan at all as Onomah was likely on course to maybe get 10-15 PL games this season at Spurs, but I guess someone got in Pochettino's ear and talked up the importance of playing 40+ Senior games on his development. 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting one, gives us more options for width right?

He can play on the wing, but I do think he's going to play the Grealish role as a Number 10 in a 4-4-1-1 formation, the same formation that had Watford looking average for 20 minutes until Grealish died.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly. He's gonna have fight in him to prove he's got what it takes. Just the kind of mentality we'll be needing for the promotion push.

19 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

Will be a huge improvement in that position and surely start tomorrow - exciting signing.

Yea agreed, 

5 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

He's just signed a new four year contract with Spurs so it's very much a loan only

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Exactly. He's gonna have fight in him to prove he's got what it takes. Just the kind of mentality we'll be needing for the promotion push.

Ah right, very happy with this anyways. He should be really eager and that positivity will definitely help us get off on the right foot.

Honestly, you'd never know with Spurs, they could sign a few midfield players in the next month and if they qualify for the champs league again next year, he could well find himself heading back to a club where he might not be guaranteed much game time. If he does well with us and enjoys his football, he might want to come back or stay (and play regularly in the PL when we get promoted ;))

Â