Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Hull

limpid

Match Polls  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/17 at 18:45

Good first half but in typical Villa style thought we could defend a single goal scored in the first 10 minutes. 

Green showed a bit but missing that open goal was criminal.

1 minute ago, Chewie said:

Bruce has learnt nothing from last season. Same old 45 minute performance, same old baffling subs, same old leaving it too late to make a change. Title winning teams take their chances and finish off the game with confidence. 

Didn't realise Bruce should be heading in that Green chance. No wonder we don't win games!! I'm no fan of Bruce but really?

I've said this many times.. 

We are weak upfront.

/

We created so many chances in the first half but did not convert them into goals we should have one the first game.

The reality is that Hull are on of the stronger teams in this division so it is a fair result.  Boro lost, Fulham drew, Sheff Weds lost, Sunderland drew. 

We move on towards the next game. I think Bruce needs to sign a big man.

• Like 1

it was predictable, for all the positives there were just as many negatives

out of the new signings Elmo and Terry decent, Whelan not so decent

Bacuna awful and how many chances does Lansbury need to score?

still don't see the point in signing the young Spurs lad, we need attackers not midfielders.

Positives: Gabby first half, but he cannot do it for a full match. Still MOTM because he scored the goal (could have had two)

Green wide is a better option. Should have scored but these things happen.

Hutton was a much better full back first half, but could have probably stopped the Hull goal - went right at him.

Hogan was great till we sat back

Negatives:

Bruce, Lansbury, Bacuna

Whelan also a negative, but strange how he was better once Bacuna went off, don't you think?

Taylor on free kicks and corners? He struggles to cross a road.

Edited by Dick

2 points lost.

We lost the midfield after 35 minutes and never took it back.

They won almost all 2nd balls and most of the headers.

Samba should have come on with 10 minutes to go to put them under pressure and Hogan should have stayed on for gabby.

Bruce needs to look at what went wrong and discuss ways of winning back the midfield when in these situations.

Even just putting samba in the middle to win headers would have disrupted their game !!

Hopefully everyone is fit from the match 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn't realise Bruce should be heading in that Green chance. No wonder we don't win games!! I'm no fan of Bruce but really?

One clear cut chance in the entire half? Well all is forgiven for being entirely clueless for the preceding 35 minutes. 

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Good first half where we probably should have scored one or two more. Now we didn't do that and at the start of the second half we sat back and let them take the initiative. Huge mistake.

Hogan good. Whelan crap. Bacuna is hopeless. Lansbury is used wrong.

Agree, can't help but think Bruce said to the lads at half time to hang on to the lead. We've never tried to put teams to the sword under Bruce at all. 

Fantastic first 40 minutes, but then it was like watching last season in the 2nd half. I mentioned in the build up thread that there were no strikers on the bench which was strange but silly me should have realised Samba was the secret weapon. We didnt try to win the match until the final 10 minutes but give Hull some credit. There were positives to take away from today as well as negatives but better than last year with still lots of work to do 

• Like 1

Unbelievably frustrating. Should have been two if not three up at halftime.

Bacuna was truly terrible. Up front we look light. Desperately need Kodgia back and Bacuna to never play again. Missing Adomah too imo. 

• Like 1

Â