Park Life: AVTV Live

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

I'm sure most won't have to pay for it. If you get what I mean. Wink wink.

Better to have loved and lost than to have paid for it and not liked it I always say. 

8 hours ago, mwj said:

I imagine its (partially) expensive, because they had to negotiate a custom agreement with the existing international rights holder (not sure who that is). No other club is doing this in the Championship so I guess they could charge whatever they liked to AVFC to test the waters.

Also I imagine the company providing the streaming infrastructure charged a high price also. 

We (me personally also) asked Tony for this, and he got it done, so I will happily pay above market rates for it without any complaints.

Apart from the other 8 clubs that are doing this, most of which have sign ups already in place.

Usually get the Sky fixtures 3-4 weeks in advance so can buy monthly pass based on whether it is worth it for that forthcoming month....probably the most efficient way to go about it.

Wouldn't pay £110 straight out especially if you don't have access to Sky. 

EDIT: Ignore monthly is a 10 x payment plan so likely to be a commitment rather than a spotify/netflix kind of subscription?   

Edited by NottingVilla

On 31/07/2017 at 08:57, Jareth said:

£6 is the price of a pint in some places - happily pay that to see a game I would otherwise miss. 

You need to move pal. You can get a 2 bed semi in Tipton for that. 

ESPN have signed a deal to show the EFL - this could affect fixtures further?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-league-championship/story/3171545/espn-to-broadcast-english-football-league-games-in-us-this-season

ESPN will broadcast live games from the English Football League in the United States this season.

BAMTech, of which ESPN is a minority owner, reached a deal this week to acquire the U.S. rights to the games in the second, third and fourth divisions of English football -- the Championship, League One and League Two -- as well as the Carabao Cup, the newly rebranded league cup.

ESPN then reached a separate agreement with BAMTech to air the games, which will primarily be shown on digital platforms through WatchESPN, ESPN3 and the ESPN App.

Rights to the EFL in the U.S. had previously belonged to BeIN Sports.

The first game will air on Friday as Sunderland host Derby County, while two games Saturday will feature Fulham-Norwich City and Aston Villa-Hull City, and Bolton Wanderers face Leeds United on Sunday.

The top two teams in the Championship are promoted to the Premier League for the following season, with a third joining them after a four-team playoff -- the final of which has been deemed the world's "most expensive football match" because of the high stakes.

• Like 2

So each match is £6 or monthly is £13 - It states that the monthly lasts for 31 days from the date of purchase. So can anyone work out if I should buy a single for Cardiff or a monthly? How many games are on sky? This is making my head hurt :D & we going to have to work it out every month!

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

So each match is £6 or monthly is £13 - It states that the monthly lasts for 31 days from the date of purchase. So can anyone work out if I should buy a single for Cardiff or a monthly? How many games are on sky? This is making my head hurt :D & we going to have to work it out every month!

Off the top of my head, we play Reading, Cardiff and Norwich in the next month not on Sky, could be others too. Bristol City on sky on a Friday night.

14 minutes ago, chappy said:

Off the top of my head, we play Reading, Cardiff and Norwich in the next month not on Sky, could be others too. Bristol City on sky on a Friday night.

Cheers. So if we buy a monthly pass (31 days) starting the day of the Hull game we should get at least 4 games for the price of 2 single games (plus a squid)

On 8/1/2017 at 21:49, Zatman said:

I think its disappointed you cant get it in Ireland and think the club should try amend that as probably a big market here for it

Never going to happen. Skysports always negotiate the sports rights they buy for UK and ROI so as far as most sports organisations are concerned it's all the one market. Sky then charge ROI customers more for sky subscriptions than they do in the UK. 

So I just signed up for a year, as another poster said it does seem a little too easy.

You fill in one form whilst logged into your AVTV account, select a country outside the UK (I used a UK CC despite being in the Philippines btw) and then you are done. The confirmation page is a little confusing, but seemingly it works as I got an email saying registered.

@villan_007 I signed up through a browser, once done you can then link your AVTV account to the app and select More > AVTV inside the APP to see the live stream. You can watch the stream on a normal computer too by the looks of it.

God knows how it will turn out on match day, but it seems I am registered at least.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1