Park Life: AVTV Live

Villaphan04

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for the last dozen or so games. Complete waste of money, I think only 3 or 4 have been available to view due to Sky broadcasting. I don't recall them mentioning that in the sign up process. Even the audio packed in during the second half of Derby.

2 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Signed up for the last dozen or so games. Complete waste of money, I think only 3 or 4 have been available to view due to Sky broadcasting. I don't recall them mentioning that in the sign up process. Even the audio packed in during the second half of Derby.

I haven't signed up so I can't say for sure, but they have been completely open about this from the beginning.

If the game is on Sky, they won't show it.

• Like 1

It's true they do mention in their monthly update on Villa TV matches that games shown by uk broadcasters will not be shown on avtv. 

International subscribers can also enjoy live video coverage of matches when Villa are not being screened by broadcasters in the UK.

Not sure if this was pointed out in the subscription process though, and it's certainly not clear that this includes games selected to be broadcast outside the uk like Derby and Ipswich. To be honest it was hard enough to find out how to register for it so I'm not surprised. Whole set up is a bit shoddy.

10 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

It's true they do mention in their monthly update on Villa TV matches that games shown by uk broadcasters will not be shown on avtv. 

Not sure if this was pointed out in the subscription process though, and it's certainly not clear that this includes games selected to be broadcast outside the uk like Derby and Ipswich. To be honest it was hard enough to find out how to register for it so I'm not surprised. Whole set up is a bit shoddy.

I agree it's been a bit of a waste lately, but it's been clear all along that this could be the case. Quite expensive in relative terms I suppose, but well worth it to me.

Edited by AVTuco

Great service but we probably get least value out of it due to the sheer amount of times we are on sky/international TV. Pretty much Half of our games have have been on TV compared to 11 teams that have been shown 5 or less times, (we have been on tv more than Brentford, Burton, Ipswich, QPR, Reading, Barnsley, Millwall combined)

Even fulham had only been on sky 7 times by mid april.  If you follow a team that doesn't get on tv a lot £110 for 40+ live games is a bargain, Not so much for us/leeds where it is £110 for just above 20 games

I decided at the start of the season to just buy the games individually as I knew a lot of them would be on TV, or that i wouldn't be able to watch them due to kick off times and the time difference here. I've found the service to be good for the games in which I've paid for. 

Thankfully all the ones either broadcast on TV at home or internationally are shown on Thai TV so i've been able to watch all of them for free

• 3 weeks later...

I guess the bad thing about going up would be that the live video would not be allowed next year in the premier league. It has been great this year being able to watch everything in decent quality & legally without having to resort to random quality streams for less than the price of a couple of pints per game. Football broadcasting really needs to change and offer season tickets/pay per game for all individual teams rather than the current outdated & overpriced get what you're given with a huge emphasis on top 6 teams subscription services.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 28/07/2018 at 18:32, Chewie said:

So, did I miss a thread or club announcement? Does anyone know what is going on with AVTV and streaming this year? ?

Same as last year for oversees fans but fans also in the UK can stream games that aren’t on SKY and do not kick off between 15:00 and 17:10. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jim said:

Same as last year for oversees fans but fans also in the UK can stream games that aren’t on SKY and do not kick off between 15:00 and 17:10. 

Hmmm, doesn't seem to be anything on the site about promoting what they offer and renewing a subscription with only 7 days to go ?

Even going to resubscribe in "My Account" shows test subscriptions, lol.

image.thumb.png.42b790629ad57cf9da01567aaa1a1a6c.png

Edited by Chewie

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What so UK based fans can now officially stream the whole game not just audio? 

I think I read that if the game isn't a 3PM on Saturday, or it's not on Sky, the club can stream it now.

So pretty much, all our midweek games unless on Sky. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

@Chewie Same here, no way to actually buy anything for this season or any details anywhere.

Sums us up, it will be announced 3 games into the season. 

This is the bumf from the efl website

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

In a second development, and in what is a first for English football, some Sky Bet EFL matches will also be made available to watch to supporters within the UK and Ireland throughout the 2018/19 season via iFollow

This development has been made possible due to the new broadcast agreement with Sky which was agreed last year, whereby EFL Clubs have been granted the rights to stream games to a domestic audience, in addition to their followers overseas which has been available since the start of 2017/18.

EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services.

Details of how to access EFL matches domestically will be announced in due course.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Hopefully they've fixed their many issues they had last season. 

I had one game that the feed didn't 't work for the first 25 mins or so (and villa refunded that Monday morning without me even asking)

other than that ,It was pretty much flawless

What issues were you getting ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I had one game that the feed didn't 't work for the first 25 mins or so (and villa refunded that Monday morning without me even asking)

other than that ,It was pretty much flawless

What issues were you getting ?

Let me go through this thread to see because I remember having quite a few lol. 

I mentioned once that my video wouldn't load, and others were saying the same thing. That's probably the one you mentioned. 

One time I paid for video, and video actually wasn't available for that match. 

Frame rate was terrible for one stream and kept freezing. This was a problem early on. I remember frame rate was shite for numerous matches. 

The AVTV site was down when a match was going on when a lot of people paid.

I had no audio for the majority of one stream strangely. 

Stream would freeze every 30ish seconds and I would have to refresh the site. 

I was double charged numerous times. 

Go through pages 10-20ish to get a good idea of how bad this service was last season. Most of the problems I had were the problems everyone else was having too. Since I am an international fan, I used the service almost weekly.