Old Villa Blues games and those feelings !

MYSTERYMAN

can remember being a kid and waiting outside the windsor in town.then the villa fans started pouring out of there and yates wine lodge and singing tvilllllaa there was 100s and as we got to the Rotunda there was 1000s it made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

and the walk to the sty was a doddle.

Saunders had recently gone to them, and Blake got bombarded when he was preparinmg to take the penalty they got (which he scored) to go 3 up.

Remember that but was maybe a year or two after Saunders went to them? We played them at their place within a 2 days of him actually taking over there and I remember it being a great day. Filthy atmosphere. Villa were in the Kop and all over. We sang "You must be **** mad, Saunders, Saunders" for 90 minutes (so much so that it made the front of the Argus - minus the obvious word) and, right at the death, Peter Withe latched onto a shitty back-pass at the Railway End to win it 1-0. Happy, happy days!

For those youngsters on here it must sound pretty unbelievable and i suppose it is. Our most successful manager, in our most successful year leaves the club when we are League Champions and in the European Cup Quarter Final and ends up managing the shit on Feb 18th. 2 days before we play them. Absolutely incredible.

I was randomly searching on YouTube and found this. I was very young at the time (6 I think) so I don't remember it or anything. Just thought I'd post it for happy memories! (Sorry if it's been posted before!)

It's highlights of both legs against SHA in our 93/94 cup winning season.

Yes MM that night at the sty loads of VILLA, took us ages to get in and the police had to open up more and more sections of the terrace behind the goal. In the end we took upto half the no-mans land next to the net between the Kop and the Railway end :lol:

Wish I'd been there. Damn my youthful age! :D

First one I can remember (I think) was the one where Dublin head butted Savage a few years back, only saw that on tv and didnt really want to watch the rest, it made me feel sick lol It will be my first Villa - Blues game this season and I cant wait!

Man, Paul Tait's face after that comedy sending off is actually kind of heartbreaking

Favourite memory of that CC cup game is Terry Cooper afterwards thundering about how Saunders' goal was offside, then being shown footage of him being in his own half and just blustering "nah nah he was offside". I may be misremembering this.

ive been to all the prem derbies and that feeling when sir kev scored was amazing, i cant wait for sunday just in the hope that ill experienc a celebration of a goal like that again, its like a drug.

ive found myself all this past month been absolutley obsessed with this game its all i can think about, im even dreaming about it and we havent lost yet in my dreams a couple of nil nil draws but we havent lost yet.

dont remember the enckleman game ive blocked that one out of my memory with some intense mind training.

for me now i will be dissapointed with anything but a win.

come on you villa boys rise above this team of cnuts play football and show we are a class above, we'll do are part dont LET US DOWN.

My first game against them was the 2-0 defeat at home in the first season, thats the ugliest and most volatile atmosphere i've ever experienced.

My other memories include actually feeling physically sick when Stern John equalised, i remember when it fell to him all of our fans seemed to shout 'NO!' at the same time then the silence as it went in. That for me was worse than any of the defeats as we actually came close to winning that game.

I was also there at the Sty when they beat us 2-0, that was on my 18th birthday, oh dear!

I was also at both victories, going mental when super kev scored and then singing 'My Old Man' in the ground for about 20 mins after the final whistle :)

Not my first but maybe my most memorable was the second division game just before Christmas when we won 2-1 with a brace from Garry Thompson at the Sty. It was the game when someone had broken in the night before and daubed AVFC in tar in front of the dugouts and ripped the nets out. The nets clearly werent put back properly because I remember Andy Kennedys goal for the Dogshit going through the net. Horrible atmosphere and have the Monday night Central highlights on video. All you can hear is a police helicopter hovering over the pitch and Bob Hall commenting that the scenes on the terrace were akin to Beirut. Perfect Christmas present though

My First Derby Was The 3-0 Away... after the abuse i took from that i couldt bring my self to go to any more of them, even though i had a season ticket i wouldnt go until the last time we played, i went to st andrews for the 1-0, ive never been so nervous in my LIFE! it was crazy, then it came to the home game WHAT A DAY! it started early in the pub we drank like crazy, then the game was amazing and we went back to the pub quality day, now ill be there sunday and the nerves are back! but im sure we'll do em come on villa!

My First Derby Was The 3-0 Away... after the abuse i took from that i couldt bring my self to go to any more of them, even though i had a season ticket i wouldnt go until the last time we played, i went to st andrews for the 1-0, ive never been so nervous in my LIFE! it was crazy, then it came to the home game WHAT A DAY! it started early in the pub we drank like crazy, then the game was amazing and we went back to the pub quality day, now ill be there sunday and the nerves are back! but im sure we'll do em come on villa!

My first derby was at Villa Park 40 years ago in 1967 when we lost 4-2 in front of 50,067. I stood on the old Witton End on which both Villa and Small Heath fans stood together back then. We went in at half time 2-2, with goals from Godfrey & Greenhalgh (who were known as the BG's) but Barry Bridges and Vowden got two each for them. That was a dire day and I hope that 40 years later the noses will find it as grim on Sunday as I did on that day! :cheers:

We were relegated from div 1 in 1958/1959 season, so I saw my first ever Villa game when we were in the 2nd division when we beat Charlton 11-1 on the 14th Nov 1959, we subsequently won the 2nd division and went straight back up

So I saw my first derby game against sha on 22nd Oct 1960 when we HAMMERED them 6-2 at Villa Park! What a return to the top flight!

If only we could hammer them again on Sunday by such a margin!!!! IF ONLY!!!

watching us lose 2-0 at home in 04/05, i havnt felt that **** up over a football match ever, i remember the game the game so well cus it was just after dimebag darrells death, i remember sitting in the holte end pub writing a bet down "villa to win 2-0, Berson to get the second goal". walked into the holte, crowd bouyant, everyone standing, the game kicked off and i can still see a soft clinton morrison shot trickle towards sorenson who somehow managed to throw it over himself into the net. game over from that point onwards.