U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Was there an official attendance given for the Play off Final? I didn't hear one announced.

According to Soccerway, the attendance was 1,869.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

Blackett-Taylor is a strange one. Could well be a good player once he grows into his legs.

He's odd isn't he? 

I remember saying that Grealish at this level (in fact in the Championship too) wnet past people sometimes without looking like he'd done anything at all, he left defenders static and facing the wrong way and they've no idea how he got past them. With Blackett-Taylor, he sort of stumbles past players and you get the feeling that he has no idea how he got past them. You'd call it lucky if you only saw it once, but I've seen a season of him now and he does it time and time again - he looks like a big pup who's just learned to walk sometimes - you're right, he could be something once he grows into the legs.

Details of the HK Sevens tournament - starts for Villa on Saturday - all matches on YT

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/05/16/squad-for-hong-kong-sevens-anounced

Viktor Johansson

Isiah Bazeley-Graham
Mitchell Clark 

Jack Clarke
Jordan Cox
Corey Blackett-Taylor
Alex Prosser
Callum O’Hare

Harvey Knibbs
Kelsey Mooney

• Like 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/05/16/hong-kong-soccer-sevens-schedule-info

Schedule

Saturday 19th May

Aston Villa v Hong Kong FC Captain's Select
Group B
Kick-off: 9.50am local time (2.50am UK)
Coverage: Click here to watch live on YouTube 

Aston Villa v Kitchee
Group B
Kick-off: 11.30am local time (4.30am UK)

Aston Villa v Cagliari Calcio
Group B
Kick-off: 3.15pm local time (7.15am UK)

That should help get us through to the 26th. :)

• Like 1

Results from the first day of the Hong Kong Soccer 7s

villa 3 - 0 Hong Kong Fc

villa 3 - 0 kitchee

villa 2 - 1 Cagliari

Apologies don't know the scorers.

first 2 games - from 0 seconds (coverage misses first 2 goals) and 1hr 41s. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

56:40 I think is our first appearance in that one.

Second game at 2:43:30.

And the third one at 4:28:30

No goals missing for me. 

Maybe it was because it was still a live feed when posting.

cheers for the timings - Cal O’Hare is a man amongst boys in the tourno. Way too good!

Going forward I thought O'Hare and Blackett-Taylor looked good, but it was good to also see Mooney and Knibbs getting goals and I thought Clark looked great striding out from the back with the ball. A good first day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Going forward I thought O'Hare and Blackett-Taylor looked good, but it was good to also see Mooney and Knibbs getting goals and I thought Clark looked great striding out from the back with the ball. A good first day.

I do feel that the future is bright with these youngsters. 

As expected O'Hare looks much more of a football than most if not all of the other players in the tournament. Even the commentators were singing his praises saying how other teams bring big powerful players and we always bring a Jack Grealish type. Seems he has picked up a bad injury in the end though, really fell badly on his ankle. Mitchell Clark looked bright again as well. 

i may be putting a curse on the lad - but over the last 18-24 months - the one that has impressed me most is Mitch Clark. - at one point  - i think in the Plate final - when playing 4v4 in extra time - and him wearing the GK jersey - he ran back about 50 yards and put the tackle of the tournament on a breakaway forward from WHU. 

Wasn't the first time he has played GK either - he did it 2 years ago  - when Sarkic (I think ) was injured before/during the SF- Mitch finished the match in goal - and ALLof the Final = which we won.

Absolutely superb - and I think he could be our right back of the future. - especially if he fills out a bit

• Like 1