U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

Unfortunately it's very simple for Blackburn now.  Win your last game on Monday away to hapless West Brom and you're up.  Good to see we have Suliman back, and Lyden fit and back in the goals though.  We need to be going up with them.

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

Unfortunately it's very simple for Blackburn now.  Win your last game on Monday away to hapless West Brom and you're up.  Good to see we have Suliman back, and Lyden fit and back in the goals though.  We need to be going up with them.

I was thought we had an outside chance of top spot, until you said Blackburn had West Brom! Just hope they pinch a draw and we do the business in the final 2 games.

9 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

If Blackburn drop points against Albion

Yes, but sadly that's a massive massive 'if'.  Albion are beyond useless.

7 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Date for semi to be Friday 27/04/18 (7pm ok), according to the OS twitter account.

So that looks like its after the last U23 league game.

Thanks.  I see they're using the King Power Stadium too, instead of Holmes Park their usual U23 venue.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Thanks.  I see they're using the King Power Stadium too, instead of Holmes Park their usual U23 venue.

Good. It should add to the occasion, give the lads some experience......might also work against us.

Also, how come we entered this year. Its the first time we've played in this cup since 2013-14 (lost to Fulham)?

5 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Also, how come we entered this year. Its the first time we've played in this cup since 2013-14 (lost to Fulham)?

Couldn't tell you.  Do you know @OutByEaster? ?

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I watched it on YouTube, we didn't play well at all but we did have a very young side out

No O'Hare, Davis. Clark on the bench. I assume we're giving them a breather before Friday's cup semi.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I watched it on YouTube, we didn't play well at all but we did have a very young side out

I'd say inexperienced rather than young.  They weren't that young at all.  Bazeley-Graham is the same age as the rested Bedeau and Suliman at 20 offsets Revan at 17 who was the only properly young player in the side.  Mooney & O'Hare are both 19 (albeit O'Hare is the big two zero next week).

• Like 1

The semi-final will be played "some time between April 27th & 30th".  Given that our PL cup semi against Leicester is the 27th, I would hazard a guess that the league playoff semi will be the 30th, but that's only speculation at this point.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

The semi-final will be played "some time between April 27th & 30th".  Given that our PL cup semi against Leicester is the 27th, I would hazard a guess that the league playoff semi will be the 30th, but that's only speculation at this point.

OS twitter update  - Tuesday 1st May at VP against Reading.

• Like 1