Arminia Bielefeld a 25th July

limpid

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/21/new-fixture-replaces-vitesse-arnhem-game

Aston Villa can confirm a change to our second fixture in Germany.

We will now play Arminia Bielefeld at FC Gütersloh’s Heidewaldstadion on Tuesday July 25.

The match kicks off at 6pm UK time and prices are 8 Euros (standing).

The switch comes after our match against Vitesse Arnhem was called off.

The friendly game was due to take place at Stimberg Stadium in Erkenschwick, Germany.

However, we have been informed that the encounter has been cancelled at the request of the German FA.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused for our supporters.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

However, we have been informed that the encounter has been cancelled at the request of the German FA.

Is this because we made fun of their trophy?

• Haha 3

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/25/game-in-germany-called-off

Aston Villa’s friendly game with Arminia Bielefeld has been called off due to weather conditions.

The referee for tonight’s 6pm kick-off at Heidewaldstadion has inspected the waterlogged pitch this morning and deemed it unfit for play.

Steve Bruce’s men will now travel back to the UK to prepare for the Graham Taylor memorial game on Saturday.

Disappointing as on the back of a couple of good performances it would have been beneficial to see if we can keep up the momentum and also for Bruce to try more things. Watford will, I feel, be taken more like a dummy run for Hull so it limits Bruce's testing period in a real-game situation.

57 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Disappointing as on the back of a couple of good performances it would have been beneficial to see if we can keep up the momentum and also for Bruce to try more things. Watford will, I feel, be taken more like a dummy run for Hull so it limits Bruce's testing period in a real-game situation.

If watford  will be a dummy run I hope that doesnt mean bacuna plays ;) 

• Like 1

I was really sad about the news.

But I guess it is better for the players and for the game itself. It has rained the whole day without a stop, and I think that would've stopped many fans from going there as well.

I guess I will have to wait a long time to see Villa play again. (I never did)

But they wouldn't have played against Bielefeld in the first place, so I guess I had bad luck in a lucky situation. :/

Edited by Denis242
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Denis242 said:

But I guess it is better for the players and for the game itself. It has rained the whole day without a stop, and I think that would've stopped many fans from going there as well.

But they wouldn't have played against Bielefeld in the first place, so I guess I had bad luck in a lucky situation. :/

Sorry to hear Denis, but maybe your next opportunity will be in a few years against Dortmund in the Champions League :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Denis242 said:

Disappointed for you Denis. You'll see us one day!

• Like 1

Â