PES 18

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I find that with every PES or FIFA iteration.

The online play is always hampered by sluggish controls. Every game I played on PES 17 online I came away frustrated because you just can't control your players right. This is on a 50MB connection.

I don't understand how games like Rocket League from much smaller companies can have such flawless online experiences in comparison.

Pretty sure even Rocket League uses dedicated servers. It suren't can't cost much too much for EA/Kon to host FIFA/PES on dedicated servers. It's a joke in 2017. 

Whoever designed the 2v2/3v3 system is a full on mong. Playing with Villa, you can'';t filter the level of opposition. So constantly playing PSG and Madrid. Who designs this shit? 

It's no wonder FIFA doesn't change much each year if this is the opposition.

It's a game designed to be played by 5* teams and gives no **** about you if you don't.

The level of stupidity that's gone into so much of this game is hilariously bad. FIFA has problems, but it's miles apart from this.

They've create a couch co-op 3v3 mode, which is awesome, fair play for that. So on Friday I went to my bro's house and we played some 3v3...but the game doesn't even let you choose the team you want to play as? Like.... why? Constantly playing Real Madrid vs Real Madrid. Why put an option in the game which allows you and buddies play this game together, but then not let you even choose the team you play as. It's just... stupid.

I could write a whole list of things that are completely broken in this game. I have absolutely no idea why PES gets the good reviews it gets. The gameplay can be rewarding, but everything around it is **** awful. 3/10 i'd give this game.

Edited by PieFacE

I can only comment on the master league, so far I'd say the game is pretty decent, although you still have separate salary and transfer budgets, which is beyond retarded. Some of the changes they've made seem either shit or a bit buggy. I don't like how there's far more emphasis on manually changing the cursor, taking a good corner is also a mystery to me and so is heading, it's way harder to win a header and score from one.

Commentary is beyond awful I have to say, they reuse stuff from the past two games with a small about additional shite such as Beglin's 'high class save to match his high class wage' virtually every time your keeper makes a save (and news flash, the master league originals keeper is shite and on a pittance). Also the commentary is very buggy, the game goes large spells where they say **** all, but this is probably a good thing. 

As ever, you pay for being impatient and buying this game early. It's fairly buggy and small things like squads not being updated for the last transfer window are an issue. You're better off waiting a month if you do want to buy it.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I haven't had the commentary turned on on a football game for about 10 years.

It's usually the first thing I do.

I think it was the PES where they had Lawro that finally caused me to do that. 2007 I think.

First time in years I've lobbed my control pad against the wall but this game did it. I dare you to play on super star level with the master league originals, it will drive you mad. This game is pathetically unbalanced, defending is just so hard, basically defending players have no response at all, just stand there, whilst your opposition (Serie B level in my case) will play like Barcelona, one touch passing in their own box, one touch pass and move in the final third, you can barely get near them. The entire thing is biased toward attacking play, very annoying. 

And for **** sake, why is heading so difficult? Almost impossible to score a **** header in this one. Another thing that sucks is that every game is the same because the opposition do the exact same thing (tiki taka bullshit), no variation at all.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

First time in years I've lobbed my control pad against the wall but this game did it. I dare you to play on super star level with the master league originals, it will drive you mad. This game is pathetically unbalanced, defending is just so hard, basically defending players have no response at all, just stand there, whilst your opposition (Serie B level in my case) will play like Barcelona, one touch passing in their own box, one touch pass and move in the final third, you can barely get near them. The entire thing is biased toward attacking play, very annoying. 

And for **** sake, why is heading so difficult? Almost impossible to score a **** header in this one. Another thing that sucks is that every game is the same because the opposition do the exact same thing (tiki taka bullshit), no variation at all.

I don't know about this game but in 17 it is ridiculously easy to score from a header with the right player. Filippo Inzaghi to be precise. I've just passed the halfway point of the season and he must have scored at least 40 headed goals alone. Literally all I have to do is cross it to him and he'll get on the end of it :crylaugh:

In typical Konami fashion they must have taken this to the opposite extreme this year in response.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know about this game but in 17 it is ridiculously easy to score from a header with the right player. Filippo Inzaghi to be precise. I've just passed the halfway point of the season and he must have scored at least 40 headed goals alone. Literally all I have to do is cross it to him and he'll get on the end of it :crylaugh:

In typical Konami fashion they must have taken this to the opposite extreme this year in response.

Yes definitely in the opposite extreme, I've scored like 4 all season, despite having Isak and Sadiq Umar as my two forwards, both are very tall and supposed to be good in the air, most of the time it goes wide or you get out jumped by a smaller centre half with worse stats. 

I guess super-star level is supposed to be a challenge but seriously, having Serie B teams get from their own box to yours in like 7 one touch passes is just stupid. 

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Sounds like I will be giving this a miss 

If you do buy it, wait a month or so, usually the bring out a patch correcting the obvious stuff. 

Apparently the game is more fun on 'Top Player' rather than Super Star, I may give it a try although in a masochistic way I like the challenge. I do at least have a shot at promotion!

• Like 1

I played alot of pes 17 last year after playing the demos as the gameplay was so much better. For sure PES strength is as a single player game really offline. Its atrocious online and there is no opposition balancing so u always end up playing vs barca/real, which frankly grates over time. 

oh and yeah headers massively over powered.

This year I felt the complete opposite and thought fifa was miles better. graphically fifa looks so much better and pes seems to have stood still. il be goingback to fifa this year.

So 'super star' level isn't that bad once you sign some decent players, you will win more than you lose once your first team is full of players who are 75+ OPR, although you will draw a hell of a lot. I finished 2nd in Serie A with my Chievo team with 3 ML originals left. If you win 5 games on the bounce on super star level you unlock 'legends' level, I tried one match at that level against the bottom team and lost 5-1, impossible LOL. Will try again once most of my team is 80+OPR. 

I must admit, I can see myself getting bored of this a lot quicker than the past 3 games, every chance I will trade this in for FIFA in a couple of months.

I'm surprised by the generally negative feedback, I'm having a lot of fun with this. Took me 10-15 Online Divisions matches to get the knack of defending, but on reflection I think my issues were largely due to playing online and suffering lag.

Something's improved recently (maybe servers) and haven't lost an online game for ages... normally an offline player and yet to even get started on ML, which is normally great.

Â