Best eleven?

villanwesty88

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Snodgrass already said in interview he fell out at Wet Spam as he was played on the left - won't play there this season. 

Oh great. 

Well in that case I'm glad Bruce has sorted out our complete lack of options on the left side of the pitch by signing 2 right wingers and keeping hold of 3 right backs whilst selling 2 left backs and bringing in noone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, omariqy said:

Johnstone

Bree
Chester
Terry
Taylor

Jedinak
Onomah
Hourihane

Snodgrass
Kodjia
Grealish

or

Same side but RDL instead of Bree, Kodjia on the left instead of Green and Hogan up top.

Both good options . 

13 hours ago, skarroki said:

Oh great. 

Well in that case I'm glad Bruce has sorted out our complete lack of options on the left side of the pitch by signing 2 right wingers and keeping hold of 3 right backs whilst selling 2 left backs and bringing in noone. 

Interview I saw he said bilic  wanted him to play the same role as payet had played and he told the manager he wasn't that kind of player - no question West Ham signed him and didn't use him to his best though .

With the sheer size and general quality of our squad now I'm wondering if we will ever see a 'first 11'.

Squad rotation is a double edged sword as much as we will lose team cohesively especially at the start of the season it will reap benifits from Christmas onwards.

52 minutes ago, Nigel said:

With the sheer size and general quality of our squad now I'm wondering if we will ever see a 'first 11'.

Squad rotation is a double edged sword as much as we will lose team cohesively especially at the start of the season it will reap benifits from Christmas onwards.

Think he will use Jedi and whelan in a 4231 away from home and maybe use one of them in home games in   Maybe a 4132 . 

• Like 1

My squad ratings. I don't think we will sign anyone else and I have excluded McCormack, Elphick and Gardner.

GK

Johnstone – 7/10 – I think he is a good championship goalkeeper who seems to get better with each game

Steer – 7/10 – has really impressed me in the cup games. Great back up

RB

RDL – 7/10 – first choice for me once he is fit

Bree – 6/10 – good young player who has a bright future. Needs to work on positioning

Hutton – 0/10 – Would not bang

LB

Taylor – 7/10 – steady eddy

Borg – N/A – no idea if he is good

CB

Chester – 8/10 – not as good compared to last year but still one of my favourite players

Terry – 6/10 – Hit and miss so far. Too early to judge

Samba – 5/10 – ok back up. Worry about his knees.

Suliman – N/A  – can’t judge him yet

Richards - 0/10 – Yuck

RW

Adomah – 7.5/10 – assist king for us

Elmo – 6/10 versatile but back up for me

Snodgrass – 7/10 great championship record but I wouldn’t have signed him

LW

Green – 7/10 – Exciting player for me

Bjarnsson – 5/10 – frustrating player. Full of running and gets in good positions but doesn’t have the technique to deliver

CM

Jedinak – 8/10 – such an important player for us

Whelan – 6/10 – experienced but far too slow for me

Onomah – 7.5/10 – could be a massive player for us this season

Lansbury – 6/10 - inconsistent

Jake Doyle-Hayes – N/A - Bright future. Got everything in his locker to do well. But hard to judge him in the champ yet

AM

Grealish – 8/10 – I think he could’ve been the difference for us this season. Shame about his injury.

Hourihane – 8/10 – I love him.

O’Hare – N/A – perfect foil for someone like Hogan. Hope he gets a good cup run of games under his belt.

ST

Kodjia – 9/10 – hope it doesn’t take him too long to recover. Our main man.

Hogan – 6/10 – just not happened for him and I don’t think it will. Def has the talent for me

Davis – 7/10 – could be vital for us if Bruce stays and plays his version of football

Gabby – 1/10 – score to reflect how many goals he will score for us this season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think the idea of a 'best eleven' is a bit simplistic because it really depends on the strengths and weaknesses of who we are playing.

Not so sure. That would suggest Bruce uses tactics. 

Could we possibly play 2 number 10s (lets by bring the thread by saying Bruce will never do that), seem to remember TS did so in his short winning run:

Usual Gk and defence then:

Onomah Jedinak Lansbury

Hourihane Snodgrass

Hogan 

Would lack a bit of width, but would still be pretty attacking 

On 29/08/2017 at 16:25, omariqy said:

My squad ratings. I don't think we will sign anyone else and I have excluded McCormack, Elphick and Gardner.

GK

Johnstone – 7/10 – I think he is a good championship goalkeeper who seems to get better with each game

Steer – 7/10 – has really impressed me in the cup games. Great back up

RB

RDL – 7/10 – first choice for me once he is fit

Bree – 6/10 – good young player who has a bright future. Needs to work on positioning

Hutton – 0/10 – Would not bang

LB

Taylor – 7/10 – steady eddy

Borg – N/A – no idea if he is good

CB

Chester – 8/10 – not as good compared to last year but still one of my favourite players

Terry – 6/10 – Hit and miss so far. Too early to judge

Samba – 5/10 – ok back up. Worry about his knees.

Suliman – N/A  – can’t judge him yet

Richards - 0/10 – Yuck

RW

Adomah – 7.5/10 – assist king for us

Elmo – 6/10 versatile but back up for me

Snodgrass – 7/10 great championship record but I wouldn’t have signed him

LW

Green – 7/10 – Exciting player for me

Bjarnsson – 5/10 – frustrating player. Full of running and gets in good positions but doesn’t have the technique to deliver

CM

Jedinak – 8/10 – such an important player for us

Whelan – 6/10 – experienced but far too slow for me

Onomah – 7.5/10 – could be a massive player for us this season

Lansbury – 6/10 - inconsistent

Jake Doyle-Hayes – N/A - Bright future. Got everything in his locker to do well. But hard to judge him in the champ yet

AM

Grealish – 8/10 – I think he could’ve been the difference for us this season. Shame about his injury.

Hourihane – 8/10 – I love him.

O’Hare – N/A – perfect foil for someone like Hogan. Hope he gets a good cup run of games under his belt.

ST

Kodjia – 9/10 – hope it doesn’t take him too long to recover. Our main man.

Hogan – 6/10 – just not happened for him and I don’t think it will. Def has the talent for me

Davis – 7/10 – could be vital for us if Bruce stays and plays his version of football

Gabby – 1/10 – score to reflect how many goals he will score for us this season.

Cannot argue with this.

• Like 1

Â