Best eleven?

villanwesty88

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Chester is an old racist??

Not as far as I know, but that's the beauty of negative statements thrown around in weird corners of the internet, It's kind of mix and match and you can use them over and over and over again :)

To be honest it was generally inspired by the Elmohamady thread which goes from WTF? to YAY! in about 15 pages.

Although I though "Old Racist" was one of the more obvious ones :)

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not as far as I know, but that's the beauty of negative statements thrown around in weird corners of the internet, It's kind of mix and match and you can use them over and over and over again :)

To be honest it was generally inspired by the Elmohamady thread which goes from WTF? to YAY! in about 15 pages.

Although I though "Old Racist" was one of the more obvious ones :)

Also if Hutton isn't ready by now he  never will be!! 

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

So last term we started with...

Gollini

Hutton Baker Elphick Cissokho

Bacuna Westwood Garnder

Ayew Gested McCormack

It may not seem like we have made much progress in the last year but just look at the state of that team

Bloody hell thats an eye opener. And to think we expected promotion!!  To be fair signings were still coming in but the fact the season had already started shows we were always playing catchup. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

People putting Green in their first 11. If he is one of our best 11 players then expect a very hard season. He has potential to be decent, but then so have so many of our youth graduates: Delfouneso, Gardener, Bannan etc....

Weather Green goes the same way remains to be seen but he is nowhere near being good enough to consistently start for a team aiming to finish in the top 6.

this might be true, but he is showing a lot of promise as of late and is doing enough to compete for a place in the starting eleven imo. I don't think he will be consistent enough to do it over a full season, but if he is proving himself to be more of an asset on the wing he deserves selection.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

So last term we started with...

Gollini

Hutton Baker Elphick Cissokho

Bacuna Westwood Garnder

Ayew Gested McCormack

It may not seem like we have made much progress in the last year but just look at the state of that team

how naive we were thinking that could do the trick. there isn't a single player in there aside from maybe Hutton that will start this season off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Johnstone

Elmo
Chester
Terry
Taylor

Green
Lansbury
Whelan
Hourihane
Kodjia

Hogan

Deary me. It really shows how far we have fallen when you look at our supposed "best" 11 and it looks like that.

Oh for the days of Young, Barry and Mellberg. :(

Edited by One For The Road

With the current injury situation id go with                 

Johnstone

Bree        Terry      Chester       Taylor

Whelan

Lansbury       Hourihane

Elmo                                             Green

Hogan

We really are lucky to have a CB pairing of terry and chester in the championship.

• Like 4

I'd go 

Johnstone 

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan Hourihane 

Elmo Grealish Green 

Hogan 

This would be what I'd start v Watford. I wouldn't want Hutton any where near our starting 11. At home I want us to attack so don't want a DM like Jedi. It's a toss up between Lansbury and Hourihane. Injuries affected the rest but it'll change as season goes on. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I'd go 

Johnstone 

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan Hourihane 

Elmo Grealish Green 

Hogan 

This would be what I'd start v Watford. I wouldn't want Hutton any where near our starting 11. At home I want us to attack so don't want a DM like Jedi. It's a toss up between Lansbury and Hourihane. Injuries affected the rest but it'll change as season goes on. 

Pretty much this, only questionable player tho is Grealish.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bloody hell thats an eye opener. And to think we expected promotion!! 

Did we? Nobody I know who had watched the catastrophe the previous season expected to go up last year. Reality is a lot tougher to accept than the. delusion we are better than we are but that's just how it is.

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I've taken a while to think about this one and looked in all the player threads for some ideas. Think I've cracked it.

5975d8b57a16f.jpg

i think it's ridiculous to leave "out of shape" out of this line-up. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Did we? Nobody I know who had watched the catastrophe the previous season expected to go up last year. Reality is a lot tougher to accept than the. delusion we are better than we are but that's just how it is.

I did :(

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

With the current injury situation id go with                 

Johnstone

Bree        Terry      Chester       Taylor

Whelan

Lansbury       Hourihane

Elmo                                             Green

Hogan

We really are lucky to have a CB pairing of terry and chester in the championship.

That'd be my line-up opening day too. DeLaet, Amavi, Baker, Bacuna, Gardner, Doyle-Hayes, Grealish, Thor, Gabby, KD can all battle for the bench.

• Like 1

3-5-2

-------------Johnstone---------

-----Chester---Terry---Samba-----

-Elmo-----------------------------Taylor--

------Hourihane--Whelan-----

--------------Lansbury---------

---------Kodjia-------Hogan------

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

3-5-2

-------------Johnstone---------

-----Chester---Terry---Samba-----

-Elmo-----------------------------Taylor--

------Hourihane--Whelan-----

--------------Lansbury---------

---------Kodjia-------Hogan------

If playing that formation then I reckon that's about the best starting 11 we can put out.

• Like 1

Â