');

Recommended Posts

------------------- Johnstone --------------------

Bree ------ Chester ---- Terry ------ Taylor

-----------------------Whelan ---------------------

Elmo ----------Lansbury ------Hourihane

--------------- Kodjia --------------------------------
-------------------------- Davis---------------------

O'Hare for Hourhane/Elmo when need be. Keep Grealish out until he actually shows that he's more mature than Micky Mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a hard one to pick a best eleven, based on everything, I reckon this is it...

                 Johnstone

Bree.    Chester   Terry     Taylor

         Whelan

Elmo              Hourihane      Green

              Kodjia     Davis

 

subs: Steer, De Laet, Samba, Adomah, Jedi, Hogan, Grealish

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It's a hard one to pick a best eleven, based on everything, I reckon this is it...

                 Johnstone

Bree.    Chester   Terry     Taylor

         Whelan

Elmo              Hourihane      Green

              Kodjia     Davis

 

subs: Steer, De Laet, Samba, Adomah, Jedi, Hogan, Grealish

I had the exact same starting eleven (admittedly based on yesterday). 

I couldn't trim down the subs bench though. It was the same as your bench but I couldn't not have Onomah, O'Hare and Lansbury.

On paper it's a nice problem to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I had the exact same starting eleven (admittedly based on yesterday). 

I couldn't trim down the subs bench though. It was the same as your bench but I couldn't not have Onomah, O'Hare and Lansbury.

On paper it's a nice problem to have.

Ha ha, I agree. I was also a bit dubious about adding subs as it is 'best eleven'... but I couldn't ignore the fact we need a subs bench! 

Onomah is great, so is Ohare and Lansbury is good, very hard to pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                                Johnstone

Bree                       Chester                      Terry                   Taylor

                              Whelan                 Onomah

Elmo                                 Hourihane                            Green

                                             Kodjia

 

subs: Steer, Jedinak, Lansbury,Hogan, O'Hare, Davis,Adomah

That still leaves Grealish, De Laet, Samba, Doyle-Hayes, Gabby

How the hell do we manage to lose so often????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

            SJ                 

   JB-JC-JT--NT

           MJ

     HL-------CH         

AA                  AG

            JK

or 

             SJ 

       JC-MJ-JT

JB                    NT

      HL-GW-CH

           KD-JK

            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my best 11 (+subs) would be

                     Steer

Bree      Chester   Terry     Taylor

                     Whelan

Elmo          Hourihane      Green

              Kodjia     Davis

 

subs: SJ, De Laet, Samba, Adomah, Jedi,  O'Hare & Hogan

with Lansbury, McC and a few youngsters allowing for injuries & suspensions

What bothers me is our defence is made up of the possibilities of replacing a suspended/Injured Chester or "resting Terry" with aging Samba &/or Jedi.

LB - RDL for Taylor (????)

Jedi as back up for another "oldie" Whelan.

LW - Gaby for Green (??????????????)

I see no plan B if Davis gets "wised-up" to. Unless Bruce reverts to sitting back, hoofing hoping Kodjia can make something from nothing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

I'd say our best 4-4-2 if all business is done

Johnstone

Bree - Terry - Chester - Taylor

Whelan

Onomah - Hourihane

Adomah - Kodjia - Snodgrass

Green, Jedinak, Lansbury, Steer, Davis, Hogan and O'Hare unlucky to miss out. Davis could be good enough but like Green, O'Hare and the rest of the youngsters they all need time and have a capable first choice in their position so a hit of bad form from the younger players learning their craft won't de-rail the season. 

Edited by skarroki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skarroki said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

I'd say our best 4-4-2 if all business is done

Johnstone

Bree - Terry - Chester - Taylor

Whelan

Onomah - Hourihane

Adomah - Kodjia - Snodgrass

Green, Jedinak, Lansbury, Steer, Davis, Hogan and O'Hare unlucky to miss out. Davis could be good enough but like Green, O'Hare and the rest of the youngsters they all need time and have a capable first choice in their position so a hit of bad form from the younger players learning their craft won't de-rail the season. 

 

59a2f897f0eab.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a Chilean gaffer in and go for it.

 

                                Steer

                                Terry

 

                           Hourihane

 

Adomah       Onomah   Grealish     Green

Snodgrass         Hogan               Kodjia  

                            Davis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Get a Chilean gaffer in and go for it.

 

                                Steer

                                Terry

 

                           Hourihane

 

Adomah       Onomah   Grealish     Green

Snodgrass         Hogan               Kodjia  

                            Davis

The Mjölnir formation? Won't work without Thor ;-)

Mjollnir.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With everyone fit and played correctly, it is very hard to limit to a strongest 11 as our squad is that strong.

Id say strongest could be (backup in brackets), 4231/433

Johnstone (Steer)

Bree (De Leat), Terry (Samba), Chester (Elphick), Taylor 

Onomah (Lansbury) Whelan (Jedinak)

Adomah (Elmohadamy), Hourihane (Snodgrass/ O Hare), Green 

Kodjia (Davis/Hogan)

For this level that is pretty awesome. No excuses for not going up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

         Johnstone

RDL - Terry - Chester - Taylor

             Whelan

    Onomah - Hourihane 

Snodgrass   -    Kodjia

                Davis

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                   Johnstone

Elmo       Terry    Chester      Taylor

                       Whelan

Onomuh                            Hourahan

                    Snodgrass

      Davis                        Hogan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

This I like, but isn't Snodgrass a right sided mid? I might be wrong.

Yeah he's played there most his career but he is stronger on his left foot. It worked well cos he could cut in and unleash some shots on goal or drilled crosses but I think the idea might be from Bruce to have a more balanced side, with Taylor, Hourihane and Snodgrass being on the left side of the pitch and left footed. Bree, Onomah and and Adomah on the right side and right footed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Yeah he's played there most his career but he is stronger on his left foot. It worked well cos he could cut in and unleash some shots on goal or drilled crosses but I think the idea might be from Bruce to have a more balanced side, with Taylor, Hourihane and Snodgrass being on the left side of the pitch and left footed. Bree, Onomah and and Adomah on the right side and right footed. 

Snodgrass already said in interview he fell out at Wet Spam as he was played on the left - won't play there this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There really isn't much point in trying to figure out the best eleven, as Bruce will undoubtedly be changing it from one week to another, no matter how many we did or didn't score with a given setup.

If he could, he'd still be playing Bacuna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites