Glenn Whelan

Jareth

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I hope this washed up never was clogger is a million miles from the playoff final. Too slow, too prone to errors that we won't be able to afford at Wembley. 

He had quite a few amazing performances in the 10 game winning run, looked 6 years younger, got everywhere, was progressive when he got the ball and was key in getting it back. I'd go with Hourihane against Derby but "washed up never was clogger" is pretty wildly off the mark for me.

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So you don’t think he should start?

No,. Not unless we start with Kodja and Tammy . Whelan doesn't offer any goal threat and we haven't got many goals in us without Tammy and he's nowhere near 100% fit, shoulder was giving him pain during the baggies game .

48 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I know I've been pretty offensive there but just my strength of feeling about Whelan playing in this game. If he does he WILL make a serious F up which could cost us a goal or even the match. 

From my memory he has made 1 **** Up all season. Was an uncharacteristic error vs West Brom

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

From my memory he has made 1 **** Up all season. Was an uncharacteristic error vs West Brom

He's made numerous goal causing cock ups in his time here, including against Derby last season. 

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

From my memory he has made 1 **** Up all season. 

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

He's made numerous goal causing cock ups in his time here, including against Derby last season. 

:crylaugh:

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The guy ain't getting more reliable with age. He's a liability. 

I think he’s had a really good season. There is definitely an argument for Hourihane to start at Wembley but wouldn’t be fussed if Whelan got the nod. During our winning spell, Glenn was one of the better players.

• Like 4

You only have to go back to March on this thread to see how people were crying out for him to be dropped. I think the winning streak happened in spite of him being in the team rather than being a fundamental competent like Jack was. He was playing in front of a competent defence and in a strong midfield. You can always carry a player. 

I'm sure he's a model professional and nice guy and all that jazz but he's a weak link, he's incredibly slow in movement, slow to move the ball, and liable to make bizzare, almost unfathomably dangerous misplaced passes which lead to either a goal or a solid chance. I fear whenever he has to make a pass under any slight pressure. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's currently the worst position on the pitch I feel. Nobody who can play there is as good as the rest of the team. 

Think that honor goes to LB and Taylor

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Think that honor goes to LB and Taylor

It's pretty close but Taylor has played a lot better lately. Still not amazing though. How long has left back been a problem now? Seems we haven't had a decent one since Bouma.

Hourihane offers more when we have the ball, Whelan offers more when we don't.

Depends on what type of game we are expecting and what our game plan is.

Hourihane always has goals and assists in his locker thou.

Pretty certain that both will play, one will come on for the other at some point in the game.

• Like 1

Â