Glenn Whelan

Jareth

On 14/05/2019 at 15:39, villalad21 said:

We need to get ruthless with Whelan. At the end of the day we're not a charity foundation, but a football club.

Look at what Man City are doing with Kompany. He's had a good season, and been a important part in securing their title, he even scored a title winning goal against Leicester. But they are not renewing he's contract, instead they are looking at the future and getting someone younger in.

We should do the same with Whelan. He's been a good servant to the club but it's time to say goodbye.

Man City have a deal on the table for Kompany.

Anyway, I'm 100% sure if we renew Whelan's contract it's because he can contribute. Not because we like him.

If we don't go up, I think renewing his contract is a decent option.

If we do go up I'm not so sure it is. I trust Dean Smith to do the right thing.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we didn't move the ball well or quick enough with hourihane, we definitely wouldn't have done it with Whelan, agree with jedinak being a non starter, would have helped at set pieces but not when we had the ball in the middle

think it was good management by smith, hourihane will have a part to play next season, Whelan probably wont

think Whelan will start the final though

Haven't been doing that for a few games lately.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 00:42, Dave-R said:

I don't know about you guys but I think maybe we should of kept Whelan in and have Hourihane come on as a sub at 60 mins. Hourihane can rip a team up if he's fresh later on where many a PLAYER have lost that ability to be impactful late if they have been on all game..Albion closed Hourihane's shots out to fast at times and I feel that may of been because of Connor wasn't as fresh as he would of been if he'd of come on late.

Totally agree!

Jack and John are so much better when Whelan starts (minus the major error the other day!).

Bring a revved up Hourihane on after 60 minutes and let him unleash on a tiring opposition with Green and Kodj.

Hopefully we are a goal or two up by then! 

Edited by roscoe
  • Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 14:07, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've fallen in love with his wife.

Not seen her, I require a bit of photo evidence and then maybe I can agree with you.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Not seen her, I require a bit of photo evidence and then maybe I can agree with you.

Image result for glenn whelan wife

I wasn't even referring to her looks to be honest.

Was more about how she is constantly posting sweet, supportive messages for her Glenn, has banter back and forth with fans, and blasts his critics. (On Social Media) lol

Very supportive and lovely wifey she seems.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image result for glenn whelan wife

I wasn't even referring to her looks to be honest.

Was more about how she is constantly posting sweet, supportive messages for her Glenn, has banter back and forth with fans, and blasts his critics. (On Social Media) lol

She is a pretty lady.

Yes your right she has been very supportive of Whelan as has Hourihanes wife in him through the media, sometimes you do get some amazing WAG's in football that have a ride and die attitude, at times both Glenn and Connor have had some serious stick and they have pretty much been that shoulder, friend, partner that a person needs at the right time.

On that Note if I were Smith I would start Glenn and bring Connor on later in the match, I've a feeling Connor could have a goal in him if he's used later on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

She is a pretty lady.

Yes your right she has been very supportive of Whelan as has Hourihanes wife in him through the media, sometimes you do get some amazing WAG's in football that have a ride and die attitude, at times both Glenn and Connor have had some serious stick and they have pretty much been that shoulder, friend, partner that a person needs at the right time.

On that Note if I were Smith I would start Glenn and bring Connor on later in the match, I've a feeling Connor could have a goal in him if he's used later on.

This is what I was thinking we would have done last match.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Overprotective i would say. I don't know, she sounds more like his mother than his wife.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 16/05/2019 at 13:37, roscoe said:

Totally agree!

Jack and John are so much better when Whelan starts (minus the major error the other day!).

Bring a revved up Hourihane on after 60 minutes and let him unleash on a tiring opposition with Green and Kodj.

Hopefully we are a goal or two up by then! 

I think he should start at Wembley too.

That said if we go up, I don't think he can play at premier league level again. He has often been caught a bit flat footed in games, it's not usually punished like against West Brom but would do at a higher level.

But, we're not there yet and I think we play better and more balanced with him in the team. Like you say I think his presence helps Grealish and even more so McGinn.

• Like 1

Â