Glenn Whelan

Jareth

Best game for us today.  He was utterly imperious and the crowd responded to it.  One wag near me shouted "We love you Whelan" at the top of his voice when a Whelan chant had just died down and earned much laughter from the crowd for his efforts. 

More of this please Glen. 

Edited by sidcow

Looks 30% fitter and more mobile than when we bought him. 

You’d have to assume Stoke had all the latest gadgets but if there is some like those cryochambers that we’ve been using and they haven’t it’s a hell of an advert. 

His decision making was precise and prudent today....His legs are suspect, But McGinn and Grealish were doing all that....Glenn was the general recycling everything and making good decisions.

The missing of key players has made players like Glenn look bad.....when every good team needs the diversity and balance.....superb today and the fans rightfully told him.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

So pleased for this guy. He has really been targeted unfairly by some in my view but he is a real pro. Great today

Not sure he has been targeted unfairly, just a case of fans not knowing what affect missing crucial players have on the others.....now we know.

I also think he is not so unsure,more composure, having Mings and Hause behind him.

• Like 2

When all at 100%, we're a better team with that midfield three than Hourihane.

I think Hourihane better used against weaker sides. Manage Glenn's old legs until the end of the season.

Absolutely superb.

I haven’t seen a better performance over 90 minutes from any midfielder for a long long time.

Agree that it has a lot to do with other parts of the team playing well aswell, but his reading of the game ( always good) was second to none, as was his distribution and ball winning. He lost a challenge on about 75 minutes and I had to do a double take because it was such a freak occurrence !

• Like 1

Â