Glenn Whelan

Jareth

Yeah I think any sniff of renewing his contract would be foolish.

I think he's vastly underrated by a lot of fans, but he's still very limited, and he shouldn't be a regular starter for us. He'd be much better limited to coming on late and seeing out games rather than us relying on him for a whole game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I think any sniff of renewing his contract would be foolish.

I think he's vastly underrated by a lot of fans, but he's still very limited, and he shouldn't be a regular starter for us. He'd be much better limited to coming on late and seeing out games rather than us relying on him for a whole game.

The player he once was is underrated.  His a shadow of even the player he was last season. 

• Like 3

On 08/01/2019 at 12:45, Tomaszk said:

Didn't realise he was that old! 35 next week.

His canal boat like movement makes much more sense. I don't know why I thought he was 31/32.

Its nearly 10 years now since he scored the goal which started our collapse under MON

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its nearly 10 years now since he scored the goal which started our collapse under MON

shows how our defence has progressed, when he scored against us.

I watched him when he came off against Swansea, I watched him as he sat down on the bench shaking his head, looking mildy relieved.

It was the look of a man who is truly done and very aware his time is up.
WHY TO CHRIST SMITH IS PLAYING HIM IS BEYOND ME.

He's shit yes, but what do you expect him to do when he's brought on to turn a one goal deficit around? He's not the sort of player who's going to affect things for us that way. I certainly want him out of the club, but I cannot begin to imagine what on earth Smith was thinking.

Unless we buy one, he's going to be in our match day squads until Grealish or Lansbury come back. 

We have four midfielders and three of them have to start each game. Three of these four isn't enough - we should probably be looking at ways to get all of them on the pitch at the outset. 

In summary; I don't think Whelan is good enough, I think we need to find ways to have him start games. Our midfield is horrible.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Unless we buy one, he's going to be in our match day squads until Grealish or Lansbury come back. 

We have four midfielders and three of them have to start each game. Three of these four isn't enough - we should probably be looking at ways to get all of them on the pitch at the outset. 

In summary; I don't think Whelan is good enough, I think we need to find ways to have him start games. Our midfield is horrible.

I respectfully disagree!

24 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I respectfully disagree!

So do I. But I really am struggling to find a midfield that's capable of holding the middle of the park without playing all four of our fit midfielders. 

I could drop him in a:

Bree----Chester-----Elphick-----Hause-----Hutton

--------McGinn----Hourihane---Bjarnason------------

------------------Abraham-----Davis--------------------------

But even then, that midfield would need a lot of support from Bree and Hutton.

Â