Glenn Whelan

Jareth

Not the most exciting signing by any means, but sometimes the least exciting signings turn out to be the most crucial ones.

Welcome to the club Glenn Whelan.

• Like 1

Just now, NeilS said:

Not the most exciting signing by any means, but sometimes the least exciting signings turn out to be the most crucial ones.

Welcome to the club Glenn Whelan.

You need some ugly ones to make the prettier ones stand out ;) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I wouldn't want him and jedinak in the same team - it's one or the other for me , I like Jedi but he has 2 major problems , he's injured a lot and gives the ball away a lot - I think whelan will start far more games than Jedi and doubt they will both start   that  many games together . 

I dont want them both to start games together either.. but I guess thats the point I was making 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

A better option than Jedinak (I think) as he can pass the ball more than 5 yards. 

But can he kick the ball 50 feet in the air at a perfectly vertical angle like Jedinak?! If he can, then he's the full package.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I don't have a problem with Glenn Whelan, been a solid player over the years. I just don't think he's what we need right now - at all. He's the type of player who would have been good in a relegation battle couple of years ago rather than one coming into an already defensive side that struggles to create anything.

Bruce will have him sitting alongside Jedinak in the dual DM role in place of Hourihane most likely.

I'm not saying they'll never play together, but I'd guess Whelan and Jedinak are interchangeable.

Which to me is the right thing to do as without Jedinak last season we were noticeably weaker.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would have rather signed Kante over Crystal Palace "reject" Jedinak too.

It's as if signings have multiple layers, some of which may have to do with status of the team, suitability to the team, players willingness to join, finances, risk vs reward, attitude required, necessity vs immediate goal etc.

I wish I would deal with Aston Villa like FIFA Career mode because i'm pretty good at it.

What?  I haven't ever stated we're in for Real Madrid youths or that we should be - simply a response to your sarcastic post that people would be more excited about "Whelandinho" or whatever nonsense you said.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fair point, it's well documented that the lads over at Real Madrid are just itching to swap the Bernabeu for the bullring........ 

Did you actually read the post I responded to?

Nothing about actually being in for Real Madrid youths.  **** hell :crylaugh: 

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

but sometimes the least exciting signings turn out to be the most crucial ones.

Indeed, but most of the time they just turn out to be shit. 

Prediction: The Glenn Whelan thread will go the way of the ashley Westwood thread quite quickly after we see him play 3 or 4 games. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Prediction: The Glenn Whelan thread will go the way of the ashley Westwood thread quite quickly after we see him play 3 or 4 games. 

I don't think it will - he's experienced enough to be decent enough. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Optimist:)

• Haha 1

signing has grown on me since the rumours first emerged. A good head in the side will help I hope, him, Jedinak and Terry should all be making their presence within the squad known

Â