Glenn Whelan

Jareth

26 minutes ago, andym said:

He was fine 1st half, but shocking 2nd half

He really wasn't. Smith mentioned it in the post and Whelan was the main culprit. We didn't pass between the lines or anywhere near quick enough first 30 minutes. We invited so much pressure with slow sloppy sideways passes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He is not a player for the way dean smith wants to play

Thats it though. Whelan and Jedinak are great servants and honest pros but not Smith players

Would never question effort of either

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he is a liability every time he plays personally.

Under Bruceball he was ok but now he is a bit lost. I think he is a better passer than Jedinak so is preferred first

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think both are on borrowed time at Villa.

Hard to disagree with that. Jedinak has no minutes under Smith and Whelan first start today i think

Think we will try to replace them with a more technical midfielder. Lansbury too is also on borrowed tine

Just now, Zatman said:

Hard to disagree with that. Jedinak has no minutes under Smith and Whelan first start today i think

Think we will try to replace them with a more technical midfielder. Lansbury too is also on borrowed tine

The three of them offer very very little and cost a small fortune in wages, I’d guess we are paying out a minimum of £80-100k a week on them which is frightening.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The three of them offer very very little and cost a small fortune in wages, I’d guess we are paying out a minimum of £80-100k a week on them which is frightening.

I would bet closer to 100 - 130k?

Jedinak 40ish?

Whelan 30ish?

Lansbury 40ish?

Then add Richard's and McCormack on 50-80k between them???, the amount of weekly wages on tripe astonishes and boggles the mind :)

imagine if we could free all those wages up and spend it on decent players...

wouldn't be surprised if we spend close to 250k a week on players who we don't really want ....

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not for the wages they get but i think Whelan and Jedinak seem like good dressing room players. Lansvury no idea what he does

But think we are going forward. A long time since we looked to sign footballers in midfield. So refreshing

Â