Glenn Whelan

Jareth

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Wasn't he the one who made that excellent crunching tackle before his goal? Which makes it even more impressive considering how much ground here made up to get in the box. Probably the fastest he had ran in his entire career :lol:

That was Hourihane but he took the ball off him and then followed it up

On 24/02/2018 at 19:46, AVTuco said:

Well done for the goal!

Otherwise, he didn't protect the defense effectively at all.

Very much this. 

Always seemed a few seconds late behind the play, this combined with the lack of pace put us in a lot of trouble at the back. 

Even when he managed to find himself in the right position the attacker seemed to go right through him.

Ill be fair and put it down to a lack of matches, but i dont see why we need to when we have 2 better options.

....Unless Bruce has finally cottoned on to rotating the squad of course........

• 1 month later...

I’m still so chuffed with the result against Cardiff, but Whelan was truly awful... I’ve hardly seen a worse performance this season from anyone. What was he doing!?  Nearly had two own goals, couldn’t make simple passes, couldn’t shoot, could hardly tackle, can’t run... 

His off the ball work must be f-ing spectacular because his on the ball work is nonexistent!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m still so chuffed with the result against Cardiff, but Whelan was truly awful... I’ve hardly seen a worse performance this season from anyone. What was he doing!?  Nearly had two own goals, couldn’t make simple passes, couldn’t shoot, could hardly tackle, can’t run... 

His off the ball work must be f-ing spectacular because his on the ball work is nonexistent!

The mind is willing, still fit as anyone as he was the one bombing up and down the pitch last minutes when the game was stretched. Got a few good tackles in, but very slow to react sometimes, the legs just don't move quick enough nowadays.

Â