Glenn Whelan

Jareth

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Whelan is there is to break play, pass the ball to the more creative players. When he does break play up or receive the ball. He has 2 wingers who don't want the **** ball, 2 CMs who don't want the **** ball and two static FBs who are further **** back then he is.

Every **** time.

I tend to agree with this. Whelan isnt here to create plays and his job and Jedinak is more important if we had an attacking system

• Like 1

Is an Onomah/Hourihane CM2 completely out of the question? Those two seemed to dovetail nicely against Colchester(not the greatest of opposition admittedly) and it would allow you to get another attacking player in the side which I think you desperately need right now.

2 minutes ago, VanDerVaart said:

Is an Onomah/Hourihane CM2 completely out of the question? Those two seemed to dovetail nicely against Colchester(not the greatest of opposition admittedly) and it would allow you to get another attacking player in the side which I think you desperately need right now.

The manager is ultra negative and not a fan of attacking football :(

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I tend to agree with this. Whelan isnt here to create plays and his job and Jedinak is more important if we had an attacking system

I agree, with the caveat that with our squad, we shouldn't be playing with DM at home anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Demitri_C said:

Awful really was shit. His tackling is so tame and he just seems to be lazy with his passing. A big liability to me.

His passing is more cowardly than lazy. Westwood-esque even. He doesn't want the ball. Villa were woeful today. Don Goodman said we dominated forest first half. Like **** we did. We were less shit than them was all

I think he was a touch unlucky with the goal. He did alright to actually make the tackle, but the kick was understrength and Murphy reacted faster than Chester. It obviously wasn't good football, but it's not a howler either. 

I'd rather have Jedinak for now, but I don't mind Whelan. 

Another 5 or 6 out of 10 performance i think were riding our luck with him.

When we play the better sides in the division we will need Jedinak back, although i'm not convinced he has the mobility to play in a 4-4-2

Edited by AshVilla

Â