Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I kind of look at it this way.

We saw how badly affected we were when Jedinak was missing last season.

Just 1 veteran player, who in isolation can look "crap" but brings a whole lot to the team.

We seem to be getting "Jedinaks" all over the pitch.

The experience will help us greatly, and give the "kids" and other players freedom.

I also had this opinion until the last game of the season, Jedinak was missing and it seemed to free up a more attacking style. It was the best we played for a long time, perhaps even the best under Bruce.

I do think we need to change things up though. As much as I don't like the system maybe 5-3-2 needs to be given a chance. Bruce desperately needs to do something as playing the same "style" as last year will not get us promoted, no where near. Not with the signings he's made.

In a 5-3-2 maybe Elmohammady would be our best option on the right, I don't think he's very good, but I've only ever watched him in the premier league. He does have a lot of grit if not quality. It may free up the midfield a bit. I don't know. Bruce just needs to do something different from last season and it was 5-3-2 that he got Hull up with after all. 

• Like 4

If we're to play 352 with Elmo at right wingback, I hope use De Laet or Bree as the right sided centre half. 

This would allow us to switch to a four at the back if required, without needing to make a sub and De laet going to RB and Elomhamedy to RM.

...........De Last.Terry.Chester

Elmohamedy.......................Taylor

...................midfield

De Laet.Chester.Terry.Taylor

Elmohamedy.. Midfield.........

22 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I also had this opinion until the last game of the season, Jedinak was missing and it seemed to free up a more attacking style. It was the best we played for a long time, perhaps even the best under Bruce.

I do think we need to change things up though. As much as I don't like the system maybe 5-3-2 needs to be given a chance. Bruce desperately needs to do something as playing the same "style" as last year will not get us promoted, no where near. Not with the signings he's made.

In a 5-3-2 maybe Elmohammady would be our best option on the right, I don't think he's very good, but I've only ever watched him in the premier league. He does have a lot of grit if not quality. It may free up the midfield a bit. I don't know. Bruce just needs to do something different from last season and it was 5-3-2 that he got Hull up with after all. 

5-3-2, 3-5-2, call it what you like 3CBs if played right is a nice system, if Elmo helps us to actually look like we have a plan and have a system that suits the players then awesome, I'm all for it. Style in quotes says it all, and if he is going to go with 3CBs we need to see it have a run out before the first game of the season surely, maybe he was waiting for this signing? I'm not sure why though. The money is right, let's hope the player is.

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

But we're kind of stuck with that formation then without making sub's or would have to play a CB out of position to switch to a back four. 

That won't be a problem since Steve Bruce never changes anything during a game. 

• Like 2

The funny thing is we pretty much play 3 at the back when jedinak plays anyway, it's rather ironic that it will be changing officially to this system could knock him out of the team!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

every time we have ever tried to play a back 3, in the last 20 years it has been an absolutely disaster.

was a couple of games last season that I remember being torture to watch

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

As has been mentioned in another thread, Chester plays there for Wales, Baker is more suited to left sided CB in a 3. 

Chester yes, but for me Baker would have to the centre one. 

For me if he signs I will welcome him and hope that he assists in getting my team back in the Premier League.

Over the years we've had many periceved bad players leave here and go onto to becomes successes, we've seen highly rated players sign who have been poor. The truth is none of us know how well or poorly a signing will be. However with a bit of support I'm sure there is a better chance of them being good for my team and it is my team I want to do well. So I will give him a chance and hope that he fits into the team and moves us onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

I don't agree that the signing means we WILL switch to a back three. 

However, it's clearly a formation Bruce wants to use as an option at times, so it makes perfect sense that he signs a player that can play in that formation. 

Meanwhile, he covers the whole of the right hand side. 

People say we've got loads of right backs. We haven't really. We have Hutton who is decent but limited. We have RDL who has a massive injury and Bree who is promising but not.wiite there yet. I don't even count Richards. He's done. 

He can provide an alternative to Adomah and I'm guessing he can play on the left as well if we need him to. We're not blessed with options out there. 

A relatively cheap utility player who has proven to be very good at this level and the manager knows inside out. 

I'd wager this one will work out just fine. 

• Like 1

Actually quite happy with this signing, welcome Elmo.

I'd be willing to bet serious money that we won't play 3 CBs this season as a main formation and Elmo has been brought in as a winger. Imagine he'll start the season against Hull now, with Adomah injured. 

Â