Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

On 04/08/2019 at 12:02, AVTuco said:

No way should we sell him. Reasons above.

I'd actually start him against Spurs. First game, big stadium, lots of pressure... I'd choose experience.

Elmo started, as expected. I thought he was ok, filled his spot.

20 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Elmo wasn't ok. His positioning in a game like this is just shocking, he is good at going forward, but his defensive work is non existent

I agree. Rose had a field day in the first half. One point in the second half a really poor challenge put them in down the left hand side which summed him up defensively. There was some good link up play with Trezeguet in the first half but defensively it was poor. Only a matter of time before Guilbert replaces him.

• Like 1

Not a great player, it's worrying if Guilbert can't get in ahead of him. I heard it suggested that he is in to help Trez settle, but how long will that be? 

I see little logic in it anyway tbh. If the kid spends 5/6 weeks getting used to playing with Elmo only then to have the same issue adjusting to playing with a new RB. 

He was unimpressive today, but no solid enough. You know the howler Douglas made that led to their second goal? Obviously he hasn’t been tried at this level, but I bet Freddie has a few of those in him. Elmo less so.

15 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I thought he was poor today. Offered no thrust forward today apart from a couple of very poor deliveries. One in the second half that he sky rocketed after some good play in a great position. 

I knew some would remember that poor cross instead of the very good one minutes earlier, which Jack should definitely have buried. Our best chance to tie the game.

Edited by AVTuco

26 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I knew haters would remember that poor cross instead of the very good one minutes earlier, which Jack should definitely have buried. Our best chance to tie the game.

I'm no hater of Elmo so calm down.

Maybe Bournemouth just defended well today, but I felt like Elmo’s crosses were very predictable. They always come from deep and tended to be aimed into the same area each time, and after the first couple, I felt like Bournemouth worked out how to defend them over and over.

Like others, I’d like to see Guilbert replace Elmo, just to see how we play with a younger, faster player that seems to have a better passing ability. 

• Like 1

Elmo 3 bonus points in fantasy with no CS. Think that only happened once last season Wan Bisakka for Palace. Haven't seen game or highlights yet so looked at his stats. 71 passes with 91.6% accuracy is insane. 5 accurate crosses 3 accurate long balls. Those are mental real life numbers. Looks like this was a game we win 9 times out of 10 and we landed on the 1 loss

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Elmo 3 bonus points in fantasy with no CS. Think that only happened once last season Wan Bisakka for Palace. Haven't seen game or highlights yet so looked at stats. 71 passes with 91.6% accuracy is insane. 5 accurate crosses 3 accurate long balls. Those are mental real life numbers. Looks like this was a game we win 9 times out of 10 and we landed on the 1 loss

Those 2 howlers meant we landed there. I said it in the match thread that was supposed to be the kind of confident home win we got used to seeing from Smith in the Championship without the 2 errors. But that's the PL for you. Once we cut out the errors and get used to the physicality we'll be a good team in this league I'm sure of it.

• Thanks 1

Â