Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Does anyone know why all the Egyptians that have commandeered the AVFC facebook page hate Elmo but love Trezeguet?

They seem to all want to throw shoes and slippers at him. What has he done?

24 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Does anyone know why all the Egyptians that have commandeered the AVFC facebook page hate Elmo but love Trezeguet?

They seem to all want to throw shoes and slippers at him. What has he done?

not sure if true, but i "heard" it was something to do with Elmo never playing for one of a couple of clubs in Egypt or something (Al Ahly or/and someone else?), so because he hadnt played for one of these clubs, he isnt looked on fondly?

No idea if true, seems weird, but maybe an egyptian player is expected to have a right of passage type thing at certain Egyptian clubs?

of course, what i heard could be entirely wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

not sure if true, but i "heard" it was something to do with Elmo never playing for one of a couple of clubs in Egypt or something (Al Ahly or/and someone else?), so because he hadnt played for one of these clubs, he isnt looked on fondly?

No idea if true, seems weird, but maybe an egyptian player is expected to have a right of passage type thing at certain Egyptian clubs?

of course, what i heard could be entirely wrong.

Salah didnt play for them either

Would be silly to sell him as he can cover two positions we otherwise don't have a lot of cover for, he played a lot last season and where possible we should keep that squad together this year and he will undoubtedly help Trezeguet settle in.

However. 

I wouldn't be totally against it, it would just leave us desperate to buy a backup RB and 100% needing a new winger.

I'd rather move him on in January 

Certainly keep him until January. Freddie is looking good so far but football has had loads of players who look world class in pre season and then can't perform to same standard when the real stuff starts. And we need Trezeguet to settle in so selling the player in squad he'll be closest to within two weeks of him coming in wouldn't be smartest move.

There's no way I'd be playing him ahead of Guilbert because of experience. Going by that logic we should have kept the likes of Whelan, Jedinak, and played them ahead of signing such as Marvelous, Luiz and Trezeguet.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no way I'd be playing him ahead of Guilbert because of experience. Going by that logic we should have kept the likes of Whelan, Jedinak, and played them ahead of signing such as Marvelous, Luiz and Trezeguet.

That's not the logic to use for every position in every situation. Our squad is young, Elmo would balance that out. Guilbert will have his chance.

On 27/07/2019 at 23:51, mikeyp102 said:

I think Guilbert is first choice rb this season. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Elmo play the first 5/6 game that Trézéguet starts so that the language barrier is negated  and allows Trézéguet to settle into the team more.

Called it :P

Didn't play too badly, although I’d still expect the more attacking Guilbert to come in soon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Elmo linked up well with Trezeguet at times but was very poor defensively. Looks like they're going to bed Guilbert in rather than throw him in, fair enough.

I also think it was also to bed Trezeguet in quicker, having played internationally with Elmo. 

• Like 1

Â