Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Wow........really?

Yes really. Well over half of what I read here is just fans laying into players and the managers, sometimes before a player is signed or s ball is kicked. Can you blame some player last for giving up the season we went down with just how poisonous the atmosphere was. People sarcastically cheered corners FFS. 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I find the best time to judge a transfer window is at the end of the season!

ha ha too true.

no team ever won anything on paper.:)

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Yes really. Well over half of what I read here is just fans laying into players and the managers, sometimes before a player is signed or s ball is kicked. 

So people thinking this is a poor signing makes them, "the worst fans in the country"? 

• Like 1

Just now, One For The Road said:

So people thinking this is a poor signing makes them, "the worst fans in the country"? 

I'm quite clearly not just talking about the reaction to this signing. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Yes really. Well over half of what I read here is just fans laying into players and the managers, sometimes before a player is signed or s ball is kicked. Can you blame some player last for giving up the season we went down with just how poisonous the atmosphere was. People sarcastically cheered corners FFS. 

Chicken or the egg.

For me it's more a case fans booing the team performing badly than the team performing badly because the fans are booing.

Neither help I guess but but I think the bad performances went on for quite a time before fans started to lose patience and started booing.

Think any team with this many seasons of utter tripe and failure will have an equally large portion of disgruntled fans. Villa are no better or worse than any other club in this regard. I think fans have been very patient.

But on to Ahmed, meh...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I'm quite clearly not just talking about the reaction to this signing. 

So why say it on this thread? It seems like a very strong thing to say on a thread concerning a new signing.

I don't think this is good signing at all but it won't stop me travelling the length and breadth of the country to get behind the team. Hardly makes me a bad fan.

According to my unscientific research from the BBC reports from last season it seems as if he started the season as a RB and then towards the end played RM, also playing as a RWB during the season. Hull City Tigers has him as a defender, Hull Daily Mail as a full back, Sky Sports and BBC as a midfielder, Transfermarkt main position RW, other position RB etc etc, (if I'm supposed to add links here I'm sorry mods!). Whoscored.com has him as a RB in 17 apps, RM 3 apps, RWB 8 apps (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/34876/Show/Ahmed-Elmohamady).

I guess this makes him a ...ehm... RM/RWB/RB :)

(just tell me if you want statistics about other players positions)

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

This is quickly becoming our worst ever transfer window. Considering how much quality is required in order to push for the top 6, we need better far players than this guy. Not impressed one bit and now started to get very worried we won't even make the top half.

I think Terry is a great signing! Johnstone I'm undecided on and I literally know nothing of elmohamady except the name. Tho surely we have had worse transfer windows, what was the yacouba Sylla window? 

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I have had the opinion of a Hull City supporting mate of mine. He and his Dad are regulars at the KC. They predicted this deal as soon as Bruce took the reins at Villa. 

His opinion is it's a cracking signing for us, and a bargain for £1m. He is class at this level apparently. 

They're also seething that the squad is on its arse and down to the bare bones again like last summer. 

Tell them they can have 20 of our squad players.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, striker said:

Another to add to the outs once Bruce is sacked. I guess Whelan will be next.

thats my biggest problem with the transfer, you can add that hes not very good and that he's not really needed (IMO hes not and we dont...) but more than anything it shows to me that we havent learnt anything from the previous owner

if we get promoted he wont be good enough to be of any use, if we dont get promoted bruce should be sacked and you can pretty much guarantee the next manager wont want him

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

poor player and not what we need. I remember the game at KC under Lambert and he must have hit Luna about 20 times with his crosses

20 crosses? 

Thats more than we've put in in four years I'll take that.

And the fact that he couldn't penetrate the iron wall of Luna is to Lunas eternal credit !!

• Like 1

Just read an article about him, as I have known nothing about him but the extreme expressions of dissappoinment on here when he is mentioned. lol.

Based on my little analysis, seems like a good player who has gone stale at Hull. I read where they said his performances over the last two years have overshadowed how brilliant he was in his first 3 years.

As everyone has said Bruce knows him, and seems he is more of a Wingback/Right Midfielder than right back.

Would suggest Bruce really wants to build the 5-3-2/3-5-2

Sometimes players just need a change of scenery guys, some of our very own "flops" have proven that.

At least give him a chance.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â