Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair it was behind Snodgrass when he looked the best. I think they had a good understanding after being at Hull together.

I think that relationship made Elmo look better than he actually is.

One thing is for sure, we need two new fullbacks as our current selection is garbage.

This.

Reasons to hope that Bruce goes to Wednesday:

1. I can laugh rather than scream when he says “get wor boots on” and “there or thereabouts”.

2. Further evidence will be provided that he is a dinosaur of a manager that the modern game has passed by.

3. This coward Elmohamady will follow him out of the door and never play for Villa again.

One thing was driving me insane on Sunday. 

A couple of times he was well inside our box as a Leeds player comes bombing down the wing and he is obviously the nearest player to him but just points at him. 

YOUR THE RIGHT BACK MATE, IT'S YOUR JOB TO TAKE CARE OF HIM. 

Is he expecting someone else further inside the box to run past him and take on the attacker? 

I assume he's got sucked inside tracking a player and got out of position but if so it's you as the right back who has to take responsibility and go to the attacker and rely on the central defenders and midfielders to take care of whoever is in the box. 

By expecting one of them to do it its too late and you have the cross come in anyway with a gaping hole in the middle because someone has run into no man's land to do your job for you. 

He did it a number of times and it was doing my head in.  Stop pointing, everyone can see the man, go and deal with him you coward. 

On 23/12/2018 at 23:05, Zatman said:

Said before one of worst players to play for Villa 

**** donkey

I think this is a bit of an overreaction, he’s a seasoned pro who’s approaching the end of the career. He’s become a bit of a scapegoat for me, I don’t know why, he’s not in good form, no but a player doesn’t turn bad overnight 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just a shit defender. He doesn't understand the very basics of forcing a player wide. Makes Hutton look like Maldini. 

Weird. Elmo invites them in, whereas Hutton gives them all of the outside to work with. Why can't there be a middle ground? It's like VY. Are Elmo and Hutton somewhere here lurking too?

Edited by AVTuco

Maybe i was unfair though a few days later I still dont think I am 😛

For me I hate seeing his name on the team sheet or in the squad, I think only a select few players ever to play for Villa and they mainly came from the relegation season. Scott Sinclair, Bacuna and Lescott probably the only other players I have had similar dislike for

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

One thing was driving me insane on Sunday. 

A couple of times he was well inside our box as a Leeds player comes bombing down the wing and he is obviously the nearest player to him but just points at him. 

YOUR THE RIGHT BACK MATE, IT'S YOUR JOB TO TAKE CARE OF HIM. 

Is he expecting someone else further inside the box to run past him and take on the attacker? 

I assume he's got sucked inside tracking a player and got out of position but if so it's you as the right back who has to take responsibility and go to the attacker and rely on the central defenders and midfielders to take care of whoever is in the box. 

By expecting one of them to do it its too late and you have the cross come in anyway with a gaping hole in the middle because someone has run into no man's land to do your job for you. 

He did it a number of times and it was doing my head in.  Stop pointing, everyone can see the man, go and deal with him you coward. 

That's 90% of his game, passing off players to people inside and pointing at people to do his job.

• Like 1

Another quite poor game from him. Used to be semi reliable but is more of a liability of late.

Probably to do with tactical change where the full backs are far more exposed now due to a more attacking style of play.

Needs to be quicker to the ball and firmer in the challenge, neither were ever his strong point.

Confidence looks phucked 

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Another quite poor game from him. Used to be semi reliable but is more of a liability of late.

Probably to do with tactical change where the full backs are far more exposed now due to a more attacking style of play.

Needs to be quicker to the ball and firmer in the challenge, neither were ever his strong point.

Confidence looks phucked 

I thought that was a pre-requisiste for a full back.

perhaps he never was any good at this level.

Â