Jump to content

Ahmed Elmohamady


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

 

Who plays RW if Adomah is out? Which he is at the start of the season.

He is a cheap squad player to cover at least two positions.

Not on big money or a long deal and is a known proven player at this level and to the manager.

Exciting no, solid yes.

 

Seems to fit well into Bruce's tactics of playing full backs as wingers then.

At £1M and if he's not on too high wages he's worth taking imo. I like the idea of managers buying their ex players, it's often good buys.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling he may prove a few doubters wrong and along with whelan play a very important role in the season ahead - Presumably this is one player Bruce knows how to get the best out of ;)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I have a feeling he may prove a few doubters wrong and along with whelan play a very important role in the season ahead - Presumably this is one player Bruce knows how to get the best out of ;)

With all due respect has Bruce proved that he can get the best out of his buys to date? I'm not so sure he has imo 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Seems to fit well into Bruce's tactics of playing full backs as wingers then.

At £1M and if he's not on too high wages he's worth taking imo. I like the idea of managers buying their ex players, it's often good buys.

He isn't s full back, he can cover there but it's not his main position.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Bacuna can play RW while Adomah is out. 

Elmohamady is more of a RB or RWB than a RM from what I've seen. He's not better than Hutton or Bacuna as a RB and if Bree isn't better already he could be with some development. We also have De Laet and Chester who can play there. 

We need players who are better than what we have not worse and there are gaps in the squad elsewhere which need addressing.

Keep Bacuna out the side you say? Even better.

Oh and he really isn't a RB, but can cover there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dave J said:

With all due respect has Bruce proved that he can get the best out of his buys to date? I'm not so sure he has imo 

No but this will be the 3rd time he's had him at a club and he seemed to play a part in hulls promotion so I'm prepared to give the lad a chance rather than write him off before he kicks a ball for us as some are doing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

 

Who plays RW if Adomah is out? Which he is at the start of the season.

He is a cheap squad player to cover at least two positions.

Not on big money or a long deal and is a known proven player at this level and to the manager.

Exciting no, solid yes.

 

While I agree to a certain extent Trent if we are only going to make 3 or 4 signings shouldn't they be players who of a quality to be starters week in week out.

As we have Terry and Johnstone that means we are looking at this and possibly one more?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

While I agree to a certain extent Trent if we are only going to make 3 or 4 signings shouldn't they be players who of a quality to be starters week in week out.

As we have Terry and Johnstone that means we are looking at this and possibly one more?

Maybe we aren't able  to spend the sort of money needed on quality starters anymore?

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Keep Bacuna out the side you say? Even better.

Oh and he really isn't a RB, but can cover there.

Well he has said himself his best position is as a RWB.

I don't think he's damaging enough to play in any kind of offensive position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I'm prepared to give the lad a chance rather than write him off before he kicks a ball for us as some are doing.

This is a thread to post opinions on players we are linkex with. Should people not reply to this thread unless they think the player linked is a good player? 

I'm not sure people are writing him off as such, merely showing disappointment with the signing. I hoped to be signing far better players than this but then I suppose I haven't fully accepted that we are now a midtable championship club with no money to spend.

With this and Johnstone, any hope of promotion is gone for me. I think they are decent signings for a club who aim to be midtable or lower top half. They just aren't good enough to get us up.

 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If this means Bacuna is no longer Adomah's back up, I am fine with it. 

I assume Grealish-Green for the left wing spot, and Adomah-Elmohamady for the RW spot. Still leaves Bree and Amavi as emergency wingers if need be. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Maybe we aren't able  to spend the sort of money needed on quality starters anymore?

If true should we then be adding more jobbing players to an already bloated squad?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

While I agree to a certain extent Trent if we are only going to make 3 or 4 signings shouldn't they be players who of a quality to be starters week in week out.

As we have Terry and Johnstone that means we are looking at this and possibly one more?

In an ideal world but I rather get the feeling Bruce is working in something very removed from that given how little we appear to be planning g to spend this window.

Unless we see some decent money coming in for some of our surplus players I don't think the budget is there to buy 1st eleven starters.

That said I suspect Elmo will start more games than people may expect especially with Adomah out.

He is a winger not the RB so many seem to think he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

This is a thread to post opinions on players we are linkex with. Should people not reply to this thread unless they think the player linked is a good player? 

I'm not sure people are writing him off as such, merely showing disappointment with the signing. I hoped to be signing far better players than this but then I suppose I haven't fully accepted that we are now a midtable championship club with no money to spend.

With this and Johnstone, any hope of promotion is gone for me. They just aren't good enough to get us up.

 

He was good enough to help Hull up , I will keep an open mind on him and see how he does for us .

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Well he has said himself his best position is as a RWB.

I don't think he's damaging enough to play in any kind of offensive position.

That doesn't make him a RB, they aren't the same thing. However I've not seen him say that, is there a link?

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â