Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

44 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

As of 2013 we were 5th in the total games played in the top division and Sunderland were 10th.

Their stadium is bigger than ours but historically I think the two clubs have averaged roughly the same kind of gates and therefore, you can assume we have similar size followings, you could argue we have a little more foreign appeal.

Overall, in terms of honours won we're 5th on the list and again they're 10th, we've won a lot more but in terms of rankings it's relatively close.

Hence, I believe the two clubs to be similar in stature over the course of their respective histories, of course in terms of Premier League only we're miles ahead but football did exist prior to 1992, despite what Sky might say ;)

Have they won the European Cup, the European Cup, the European Cup?

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

As of 2013 we were 5th in the total games played in the top division and Sunderland were 10th.

Their stadium is bigger than ours but historically I think the two clubs have averaged roughly the same kind of gates and therefore, you can assume we have similar size followings, you could argue we have a little more foreign appeal.

Overall, in terms of honours won we're 5th on the list and again they're 10th, we've won a lot more but in terms of rankings it's relatively close.

Hence, I believe the two clubs to be similar in stature over the course of their respective histories, of course in terms of Premier League only we're miles ahead but football did exist prior to 1992, despite what Sky might say ;)

Like I said they've finished 6th once in the last 50 years - the difference between 5th and 10th most successful teams is enormous . 

That said we are only 4 places behind  man united ;) 

I like Sunderland as a club , I loved them turning over Leeds in the 70s - I'd say Sunderland are the 2nd biggest club in the division behind villa but I don't think they will challenge as they are in a real mess playing wise and will probably be mid table

Im pleased  elmohamady is here and think he will prove a good signing ..

that said sunderlands one domestic trophy in the last 60 years in one more than newcastle have won :) 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

I was thinking about this earlier today, and some stats and some Hull fans seem to be saying that he was good, but last season he went off the boil. 

So it would seem he was at his best when managed by Steve Bruce, and went off the boil at Hull last year when SB left Hull at the start of last season.

If signing him means we get one of Steve's men, and he can get the beat out of the player then that's great news. 

• Like 1

From skysports

BRUCE NEARING ELMO REUNION

Aston Villa are hoping to complete the transfer of Ahmed Elmohamady from Hull this week, according to Sky sources.

It will be the third time Villa boss Steve Bruce has signed him the Egypt international - after taking him to Sunderland and Hull.

£1M

15 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I was thinking about this earlier today, and some stats and some Hull fans seem to be saying that he was good, but last season he went off the boil. 

So it would seem he was at his best when managed by Steve Bruce, and went off the boil at Hull last year when SB left Hull at the start of last season.

If signing him means we get one of Steve's men, and he can get the beat out of the player then that's great news. 

Beat-7701.jpg

• Like 1

Ahmed Elmohamady has completed a move to Aston Villa after a release clause in the Egyptian’s contract was activated.

Elmohamady agreed personal terms with Villa earlier today, bringing to an end a near five-year stay at the KCOM Stadium. Initially joining on loan from Sunderland in August 2012, Elmohamady went on to make 218 appearances for the Tigers and scored 12 goals, helping to win two promotions to the Premier League in the process.

We would like to wish Ahmed well for the future, and thank him for his efforts in a black and amber shirt.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/articles/2017/201718-ahmed-elmohamady-joins-aston-villa/

Suppose I gave up the promotion belief a while back, might as well accept this as a norm signing for the next few years as a mid table championship team. Welcome Elmo (well if AVFC official can you that then I guess we all can.. a muppet is a muppet) 

He will have my support when he's wearing the shirt.

I hope he rediscovers the form of a couple of years ago, but to be fair it's hardly a high risk transfer.

**** knows why we need so many right sided players - I can only assume there's at least 2 due to be shipped out. If it means we can lose Richards and Hutton, he's already paid for himself twice over!!!

Edited by Pez1974

Comes across very well in his interview.

Knows his way around this division and what it takes to get out of it and based on the little I know of him has apparently done very well at this level.

For 1 million pound, which is peanuts today, with the amount of experience he has and being a player who can play right wing/midfield, and in wide areas we do lack options, I think he could well prove to be a very decent signing. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Said it earlier but as long as we manage to flog Bacuna, Richards and Hutton I have no issue with this signing.

After all it was inevitable. Still reeling from the chock of us not signing Huddlestone thou.

Â