Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Anther solid performance.

You always get a 7/10 performance out of him, he is so consistent. I find it strange that Smith is not starting him

might not have a choice is Taylor is injured?

Don’t get me wrong, I rate Elmohamady highly and he’s a great squad option but I think Hutton is better. For me, Hutton is a cult hero especially after his goal against Birmingham City. Hutton puts his body on the line every week and always gives his all, Elmohamady is a bit more cultured and can play higher at right wing if needed. They’re both getting on a bit, we have James Bree in reserve too don’t forget and he will probably be seen as the long term bet.

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t get me wrong, I rate Elmohamady highly and he’s a great squad option but I think Hutton is better. For me, Hutton is a cult hero especially after his goal against Birmingham City. Hutton puts his body on the line every week and always gives his all, Elmohamady is a bit more cultured and can play higher at right wing if needed. They’re both getting on a bit, we have James Bree in reserve too don’t forget and he will probably be seen as the long term bet.

Elmo makes us more defensive solid and is a better crosser.

Elmo is 30 Hutton is 34, there is not much between them, i'd rather pick the younger one.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Elmo is 30 Hutton is 34, there is not much between them, i'd rather pick the younger one.

Elmo is 31 but you're right he's better defensively and he is also a much better crosser of the ball than Hutton. Yes Hutton gives you passion and always gives his best but he's liable to switch off and at 34 we shouldn't really be relying on him as a starter anymore.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I’ll give it you, Elmohamady is a better crosser and he is younger but I think Hutton is better defensively and puts more effort in and puts his body on the line more

• Like 2

Infuriating that pen.

His positioning was so weird. Invited him very obviously inside then just tripped him up.

Kodj did some good tracking back 3 mins later and brought him down because he did exactly the same! Showed him inside then couldn't keep up!

Remarkable from such an experienced player.

Timid & Tentative, reluctant to get involved in a full blooded tackle....panics under pressure.....sends out the wrong message to an opponent.

until we deal with these things we are going to be inconsistent.

Edited by TRO

Â