Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Much better yesterday, showed more intensity.

My biggest criticism of Elmo has always been the fact that he is scared to get stuck in (not ideal in a defender), yesterday he certainly showed more intensity. 

Like most, i wasn't to pleased to see him starting yesterday when the team was announced, but having sat through a pathetic cameo from Bolasie i think Elmo may very well get a run of games in that position. 

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Am I wrong in thinking that when he flicked the ball up and headed it to Nyland that should have still counted as a backpass as it was a self engineered header?

I didn't go to the match so when I just read what he did in an article I was like yeah Elmo that's an imagination and good thinking lol.

Spot on to Elmo, sure he won't get as many crosses into the box, but if he plays how Smith wants him to play, he certainly could be working towards movement, momentum, passing and possession, which all in turn should help Elmo to get that ball safely into Abrahams goal scoring feet.

I think Elmo can play to Deans tactics as much as any, he is also fast and quick thinking. I have always liked Elmo and how he can get down a wing, with Deans way won't be seeing so much of it, but instead all players will be seeing more first touches just less on ball time as it's all about moving that ball on as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Like 1

I think continually having a dig at Bruce for playing Elmo is one thing I could never agree with. He is a decent player that always puts a shift in. Bolasie and El Ghazi may have a lot of quality to add later in the season. But at the moment when they play we look much weaker as a team. There’s no denying this. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re allowed to do back passes with your head though regardless of how it’s done.  Good point though. Maybe Elmo has uncovered a grey area. 

I didn’t know the answer for this so I looked at the rules and it turns out this actually falls under unsporting behaviour so it should have been an indirect freekick and a booking:

• uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

though keeper never touches the ball with his hand

The keeper looked shocked lol.

Do you know if Elmo had of been booked, everybody would of been seeing the funny side to it, it's one of those things that just looks daft when it's done. Because the player also gets done makes it even more funny for all to see.

Edited by Dave-R

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

though keeper never touches the ball with his hand

Tsk tsk, everyone knows you only do that when you've skinned the goalie and have bags of time in front of an open goal. Then Kevin buggers off home in a huff and because he had the only decent Mitre Delta ball and nobody left wants to play with the cheap beachball-esque monstrosity Chris picked up from the supermarket for £2 everyone else buggers off too and then the game is thrown out. Bloody Kevin.

Edited by GarethRDR

33 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Tsk tsk, everyone knows you only do that when you've skinned the goalie and have bags of time in front of an open goal. Then Kevin buggers off home in a huff and because he had the only decent Mitre Delta ball and nobody left wants to play with the cheap beachball-esque monstrosity Chris picked up from the supermarket for £2 everyone else buggers off too and then the game is thrown out. Bloody Kevin.

Awful footballs, just awful.

Winger that can't dribble. Know he got a decent cross on him, but this guy should be backup, not good enough.

All he does is sideways or backwards passes when he receives the ball, never try to run at a defender. Waste of space, play Bolasie

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Winger that can't dribble. Know he got a decent cross on him, but this guy should be backup, not good enough.

All he does is sideways or backwards passes when he receives the ball, never try to run at a defender. Waste of space, play Bolasie

Winger that can't dribble......like a centre half that can't head.

don't you just love it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Elmo was quietly effective vs Boro, he looks very comfortable as part of the DS system at RB, i have said for a while i would prefer Elmo at RB and Hutton at LB.

Seems no-one else has commented on Elmo vs Boro yet, was a good team performance and Elmo played his part well imo.

• Like 2

Â