Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

When your managers tactics include get it wide, and cross - rinse and repeat for 90 minutes. Wide players will get assists, by the sheer number of crosses we put into the box. 

I think Elmo will be less effective under Smith, but still have a role to play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

His best game for us.

Makes you think doesn’t it ? He was Bruce’s player through and through, yet Smith has got a performance from him way better than anything Bruce did.

I thought he played well under Bruce as well tbh.

• Like 2

He was excellent today and certainly benefited from his starting position as a wide man being 30 yards further up the pitch than it was under Bruce and not having to be so defence minded although he did still put a real shift in going both ways.

• Like 1

to be honest i did roll my eyes when i saw Elmo and Adomah in the lineup in those positions......but to be fair, i was wrong it seems.

Will still be interested to see if Bolasie and El Ghazi can get match fit/sharp, and see what they can offer, if they can offer anything :P

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Am I wrong in thinking that when he flicked the ball up and headed it to Nyland that should have still counted as a backpass as it was a self engineered header?

I immediately though the same thing.

Im sure liverpool would have been doing this since the inception of the law if it was legal.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Am I wrong in thinking that when he flicked the ball up and headed it to Nyland that should have still counted as a backpass as it was a self engineered header?

You’re allowed to do back passes with your head though regardless of how it’s done.  Good point though. Maybe Elmo has uncovered a grey area. 

Goalkeepers are allowed to handle the ball if the ball is played back to them by an action other than a kick or throw-in (such as a header), but defenders are not permitted to attempt to use a deliberate trick to pass the ball to the goalkeeper with a part of the body other than the foot to circumvent the rule. This would include flicking the ball up with the foot and then heading the ball back to the goalkeeper, or heading a ball on the ground that would otherwise be regularly playable with the foot.

If a player uses such a trick, they are cautioned for unsporting behaviour, and the opponents are awarded an indirect free kick from where the trick was performed. It is irrelevant as to whether the goalkeeper subsequently handles the ball or not.[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-pass_rule

Championship referees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â