Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Well, we will see. I just think it shows zero ambition and proves how skint we are.

I think we've spent plenty in the last year to show the ambition is there - not so much a case of being skint  as being unable to spend it . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That doesn't make him a RB, they aren't the same thing. However I've not seen him say that, is there a link?

It doesn't make him a RW either!

You’ve played in a number of different positions in midfield and defense. Where are you most comfortable?

“It’s not a bad thing to play in different positions to give the manager different options. I enjoy wherever I play, and I give my best for my team.

“They have moved me around from right midfielder to right-back. And I play right wing-back now, which, to be honest, is my best position.

“I grew up in Egypt playing this position and I’ve played it with the national team for a long time.”

http://www.kingfut.com/2017/01/10/elmohamady-salah-world-class/

13 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Well he has said himself his best position is as a RWB.

I don't think he's damaging enough to play in any kind of offensive position.

Yeah, and Richards thinks he's a CBack lol. Rooney still thinks he's a deep lying schemer.

Im never keen on players own view of their best positions.

• Like 1

Such an over-reaction to this signing on here, he's a squad player who can cover the entire right hand side of the pitch when required...

Adomah is out at the start of the season so if we play with wingers Elmohamady will be the natural choice. 

Yes we have Bree, De Laet & Hutton at RB... but realistically De Laet is still working on coming back from injury, Hutton is slagged off on here every week and Bree is still unproven

We don't have an endless pit of money, we aren't going to be buying better players in every area of the pitch in this window as we don't have the transfer budget or wage budget to do this.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

While I agree to a certain extent Trent if we are only going to make 3 or 4 signings shouldn't they be players who of a quality to be starters week in week out.

As we have Terry and Johnstone that means we are looking at this and possibly one more?

I think hoping for 3 or 4 quality signings likely to start ahead of the £100m or whatever's worth we already have is maybe hoping for a lot for a mid table Championship Club ?

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I think hoping for 3 or 4 quality signings likely to start ahead of the £100m or whatever's worth we already have is maybe hoping for a lot for a mid table Championship Club ?

Terry and Vertout would be 2, Johnstone not sure

As a wing-back who can also play right-back, Elmohamady's versatility adds to his usefulness. "I've played in three or four positions this year but it's not a problem for me. When I came to Hull the manager said he wanted me to play in the position I play with the national team, right wing-back, I know this tactic and position much better, but it's no problem for me to play right wing-back, or right midfield, or right-back."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/fa-cup-final-hulls-ahmed-elmohamady-flying-flag-for-egypt-9350222.html

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Another to add to the outs once Bruce is sacked. I guess Whelan will be next.

That's the spirit!

Honestly I think we must have amongst the worst "support" in the league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

That's the spirit!

Honestly I think we must have amongst the worst "support" in the league.

Thankfully we have a squad that is bigger than some of the other teams entire fan base :D

• Like 2

People are perfectly entitled to think this a crap bit of business if they wish, even more entitled to say so as members of this site. Doesn't make them bad supporters etc.

I'm not sure I agree but then I once though Nicky Shorey was a good bit of business so what do I know :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dukes said:

In the scheme of things £1M is nothing, and he's a player that knows Bruce, and knows this league, not a dream signing, but sensible for where we are.

Exactly this , we have to cut our cloth and he's proven at this level .

Â