Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

2 minutes ago, Infinte_Pest said:

I don't think he has been brought for a starting role but he can 'do a job' and £1m for a player who adds depth at a position where we lack it  is good business . But he dives more than Ashley Young.

Do we actually lack depth there though

We have Hutton Bree and De Laet who play RB

Edited by AshVilla

17 minutes ago, sne said:

If we manage to somehow get rid of Hutton, Bacuna and Richards I guess I can see the sense in this signing.

This x1000. That would leave us with Elmo, Bree & RDL coming back from injury. That would be solid.

The 1million is worth it alone if it means Bacuna f^(k$ off

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Do we actually lack depth there though

We have Hutton Bree and De Laet who play RB he's not an out winger and not exactly going to be pushing Adomah for a starting place if he's fit.

But Adomah isn't fit , and beyond that there isn't anyone else . I don't think he has been brought to play RB , the fact he can if needed is a bonus.  De Laet is coming back from a long term injury , we don't yet know that much about Bree. So extra cover may be required . 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Don't get it at all. If he plays RW he isn't better than Adomah, if he plays RB/RWB he isn't better than Bree and further blocking his development. 

I don't get this. How can people think Bree is a better player. It's almost like the best way to be rated by Villa fans is by hardly playing. No wonder everyone loved Gill and Kozak.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

This is quickly becoming our worst ever transfer window. Considering how much quality is required in order to push for the top 6, we need better far players than this guy. Not impressed one bit and now started to get very worried we won't even make the top half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

This is quickly becoming our worst ever transfer window. Considering how much quality is required in order to push for the top 6, we need better far players than this guy. Not impressed one bit and now started to get very worried we won't even make the top half.

Two words:

Simon Dawkins. That was the worst in recent memory. 

• Like 2

Im a bit 'meh' with this - I accept view that he's a solid signing to give depth at RW, but where do Green and Grealish fit in? Surely Green, Grealish and Adomah as wide options is enough given that Kodjia (or even Gabby) can play on the left in an emergency.

If he's cover/staring at RB/RWB then we have plenty enough for that - surely players have to be leaving soon?

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Who plays RW if Adomah is out? Which he is at the start of the season.

He is a cheap squad player to cover at least two positions.

Not on big money or a long deal and is a known proven player at this level and to the manager.

Exciting no, solid yes.

Bacuna can play RW while Adomah is out. 

Elmohamady is more of a RB or RWB than a RM from what I've seen. He's not better than Hutton or Bacuna as a RB and if Bree isn't better already he could be with some development. We also have De Laet and Chester who can play there. 

We need players who are better than what we have not worse and there are gaps in the squad elsewhere which need addressing.

13 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Bit of an over-reaction. How happy were people when we signed all those French lads? And last summer when we signed a number of talented players.

Maybe, just maybe, solid but uninspiring are just what we need to solidify the squad and give chance to bring out the best in other players. 

Of course, I may be talking complete and utter nonsense, we won't know until the season kicks off. But things, as proven by previous transfer windows, aren't always likely to go to plan or the way you think! Let's give it a chance at least.

take Brighton last year, signed Glenn Murray and Steve sidwell as their main 2 signings. Very uninspiring but helped solidify the squad (which was already good) and they went up with ease. Just using this as an example.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 1

Â