Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Looks set to be our next signing according to numerous news outlets.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-set-complete-third-13345527

Aston Villa set to complete third summer signing

A deal has been struck for Steve Bruce to land one of his top targets

Aston Villa are set to complete the signing of Ahmed Elmohamady from Championship rivals Hull City.

Manager Steve Bruce has signed the Egyptian wideman twice before for Sunderland and Hull and is on the verge of completing a deal to link up with him for a third time.

It is believed Villa have triggered Elmohamady’s £1million buyout clause and the 29-year-old has been allowed to leave the Tigers’ Portugal training camp to complete his move to Villa.

Birmingham City's Andrew Shinnie challenges Hull City's Ahmed Elmohamady
Birmingham City's Andrew Shinnie challenges Hull City's Ahmed Elmohamady

Bruce has already signed former Chelsea and England captain John Terry, Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone and has won the race for another of his top targets in Elmohamady.

The deal could be announced by Villa as early as Tuesday with personal terms thought to have been agreed between the player’s representatives and Villa.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I think he'll either play as wing back or right mid. 

Maybe this could also signal the end for McCafu? 

Are you kidding?

Hutton survives anything!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 3

Seriously just been doing a quick bit of research about him from the Hull sites.

If you are of the belief that the true way to judge a player is to see how the fans see him then things  dont look too bad TBH

Quality player and demands the same of those around him.

Sometimes goes down to easily which is really unnecessary given his ability to go past a player at this level. 

He's fast becoming my favourite ever player, acknowledges the fans always, plays with a smile on his face, gives 100% every game 

His effort and energy levels are superb. I do think he's a bit of a one trick pony going forward - head down, run, then belt it in the direction of the penalty box, which makes his crosses more effective in Championship than Premier League. But we are a much better team with him in it.

Best egyptian player ever, by a country mile - especially when the next best was Mido! 

(The first few posts anyway........)

clicky

• Like 4

Someone shoot me with a tranquilizer gun, my heightened feelings of exhiliration, elation, enthusiasm and delirium towards this signing is just too much for me.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

How much have people watched him play? Honestly never seen him much, just know the name.

I've watched him a good deal, somehow manages to get shitter each time.

Can't beat a man, can't cross, has a bit of pace though.. very much in the Alan Hutton mould.

I remember one game I watched he over hit every single attempted cross and even the commentator (whos supposed to be impartial) said he doesnt understand how hes making a living in the premier league. 

Â