Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Loves the cross so much it's like he gets tunnel vision. Turned down so many on the floor passes to send in another aimless cross. 

Good on defense but I'm ready for Cash to return so we can get our right side attacking again. 

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Really annoys me how he just lumps the ball forward without any real idea of what he's doing. 

Dealt with Traore fine but Traore is a bag of shit so I'm not really surprised. 

There were a couple of times where he had the ball and time, picked out the right pass but missed the player by about 10 yards.  I'd still prefer Fred here.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Pretty much but he pumps his fist like Alan and runs 100 yards on an overlap never to be seen again

One of those players that fans love because he puts in a booming sliding tackle every now and then, completely ignoring that the reason he has to put in a booming sliding tackle is that he was catastrophically out-of-position to begin with.

Becoming a bit of a cult figure in truth. It’s hard not to love him. He wasn’t brilliant today by any stretch but he was solid, dependable and he did his job. 

Must be the consummate pro behind the scenes to keep his body in shape at his age, especially when you consider he didn’t look out of place against the fastest player in the world tonight. 

Just a smashing bloke. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Guilbert just isn't very good, which is why he's not here right now.

I'm sorry but he has been brilliant for strasbourg and was one of our 5 best players last season easily. 

In 4 games he has got a goal, 2 assists 16 tackles and 9 interceptions. And kept 2 clean sheets. They drew with league leaders Lille, 4th place Marseille, beat 6th place Metz and drew with 10th place angers. All as a team that are in a relegation fight and as far as I can tell 16th place when he joined. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm sorry but he has been brilliant for strasbourg and was one of our 5 best players last season easily. 

In 4 games he has got a goal, 2 assists 16 tackles and 9 interceptions. And kept 2 clean sheets. They drew with league leaders Lille, 4th place Marseille, beat 6th place Metz and drew with 10th place angers. All as a team that are in a relegation fight and as far as I can tell 16th place when he joined. 

I'm not really interested in how he's performing on loan, as I have seen him play for us. I mean, I'm glad for him if he's doing well, and hopefully it means they will pay some money for him in the summer.

He was in no way 'one of our 5 best players last season', and that's why he was dropped by the end of the season, we signed a starter in his position, and he's now out on loan.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not really interested in how he's performing on loan, as I have seen him play for us. I mean, I'm glad for him if he's doing well, and hopefully it means they will pay some money for him in the summer.

He was in no way 'one of our 5 best players last season', and that's why he was dropped by the end of the season, we signed a starter in his position, and he's now out on loan.

He was injured until the last 4 games which he started 2 of and came in as a sub in the 20th minute in the 3rd.

He also absolutely was. Over the course of the season I can say only Grealish and Mings were better for the entire season. Konsa and Luiz passed him at the end. And mcginn was better at the start but godawful at the end. So at lowest he is 6th I'd probably still rank him at 3rd. Becuase he was one of our few consistent performers. 

Also we won one game without him in the 11 or so he didn't play. Which was against crystal palace who were in free fall at the end of last season. 

Edited by MotoMkali

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He was injured until the last 4 games which he started 2 of and came in as a sub in the 20th minute in the 3rd.

He also absolutely was. Over the course of the season I can say only Grealish and Mings were better for the entire season. Konsa and Luiz passed him at the end. And mcginn was better at the start but godawful at the end. So at lowest he is 6th I'd probably still rank him at 3rd. Becuase he was one of our few consistent performers. 

Also we won one game without him in the 11 or so he didn't play. Which was against crystal palace who were in free fall at the end of last season. 

Okay, well, you're allowed to rate whoever you like at the end of the day. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun.

And we should probably get back to talking about Elmo.

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The love in for Guilbert has officially reached Hutton levels. He had about 5 decent games last year. He was getting roasted most weeks. 

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The love in for Guilbert has officially reached Hutton levels. He had about 5 decent games last year. He was getting roasted most weeks. 

People just haven't seen Fred play for a while.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

People just haven't seen Fred play for a while.

Or people rate a bit of passion and fight, which we needed last year and he showed - maybe not the greatest player but I felt he never let us down, people will mostly favour a full back with heart who likes to bomb forward - both he had/did in abundance.

For me offers so much more than Elmo, who slows everything down - but hands down matty cash is a better player than both of them smashed togethr

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

One of those players that fans love because he puts in a booming sliding tackle every now and then, completely ignoring that the reason he has to put in a booming sliding tackle is that he was catastrophically out-of-position to begin with.

I thought he had some good games right at the start of the season like Everton and Burnley home and at the end he stood up v Arsenal and West Ham but like all the other signings in 2019 he was also really poor often. Southampton away he was hopless for example (as they all were) and that was one of the last 90 minute games he had for us.

Think him and Engels just fall into caregory of DS gave them plenty of starts and he just dosen't feel long term either will be good enough for where we're going so it's a case of moving them both on in the summer with two years left on the deals.

Edited by VillaChris

Â