Budapest & Vienna

This Could Be Rotterdam

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

says departures from Bratislava old town on the timetable  , so it should be fairly close

https://twincityliner.com/en/index.html

think someone on  here did it and said it wasn't much cop but it might be something a bit different rather than coach trip  ,you can  then get the train back and do it at your own pace

I had a look looks like they don’t go on Fridays annoyingly as that’s a good option only 60 euro return

Whats wrong with their stations @Zatman?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I had a look looks like they don’t go on Fridays annoyingly as that’s a good option only 60 euro return

Whats wrong with their stations @Zatman?

My friends were there and its only a new building but its rundown already with a bad stench and people just shout at you. The reviews online were hilarious 😂 

Bus is about 10 euros return from Vienna 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

My friends were there and its only a new building but its rundown already with a bad stench and people just shout at you. The reviews online were hilarious 😂 

Yeah the bus is what I'm talking about. I though that leaves form train station. It seems very reasonable for ten euros. 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah the bus is what I'm talking about. I though that leaves form train station. It seems very reasonable for ten euros. 

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The bus I got it leaves from outside Vienna train station to Bratislava bus station

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The bus I got it leaves from outside Vienna train station to Bratislava bus station

How far was the bus station from the main centre? Online there is different information some same a hour others 10-15 mins

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

How far was the bus station from the main centre? Online there is different information some same a hour others 10-15 mins

Was maybe 5 minutes on the public bus. Cost around 60cent. Maybe 20-25 minute walk i think

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So vienna just got back. Was really nice city clean alot of art to see and the buildings in stephanaplatz were nice. Schonnan Palace was great and loved the zoo. Getting around is very easy. 

I found their train system very very strange. There are no barriers and no one checks no one buys any tickets. Its like free travel for everyone. The amount of money they losing makes no sense to me. 

Also I found the resturants there wasn't that many was very hard to get a table anywhere as there was so limited places. That got on my nerves. Very little night life also. Worth going if your into art for 2-3 days tops. 

Â