Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Villa and FFP

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

One thing that gets me is if we are broke, why have we sent everyone to Portugal for "hot weather training", when we have perfectly good training pitches at Bodymore Heath (and hot weather) that would effectively cost next to nothing. I'm sure the facilities, hotels and travel costs aren't free! Whilst it may be a drop in the ocean, if we are as flat broke as we think we are, then surely that's money we cannot afford to waste? You have to be talking about £100K spent on this, surely.

I believe Steve Bruce has been taking his teams there for many years and he also owns a home there so no doubt his connections have come into play.

Besides these things are not just about fitness, you have the whole team together day and night for a week, which is rarity. It builds bonds, spirit and unity.

 

...in theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

One thing that gets me is if we are broke, why have we sent everyone to Portugal for "hot weather training", when we have perfectly good training pitches at Bodymore Heath (and hot weather) that would effectively cost next to nothing. I'm sure the facilities, hotels and travel costs aren't free! Whilst it may be a drop in the ocean, if we are as flat broke as we think we are, then surely that's money we cannot afford to waste? You have to be talking about £100K spent on this, surely.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

One thing that gets me is if we are broke, why have we sent everyone to Portugal for "hot weather training", when we have perfectly good training pitches at Bodymore Heath (and hot weather) that would effectively cost next to nothing. I'm sure the facilities, hotels and travel costs aren't free! Whilst it may be a drop in the ocean, if we are as flat broke as we think we are, then surely that's money we cannot afford to waste? You have to be talking about £100K spent on this, surely.

Fair question . . . my guess would be 'it was all booked some time ago, and is largely non-refundable'. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, of the reported £40m we need to raise for FFP compliance, how much do we think we've already covered?

Wages for Johnstone, Samba, Snodgrass, Agbonlahor, Onomah, Terry, Tuanzebee, Grabban, Round and Wyness will mean we're operating at a very rough guess about £18m lighter than last year as things stand. I suspect with some of the other cost savings we've made, we're probably about half way there.

Of course, it might be that those savings have already been figured in and we're looking for £40m on top of that - in which case, we're even more fouled up than we thought. 

None of this will help our ongoing battle to pay the taxman or the other people we owe cash too, and that's our more pressing trouble, but I guess we're a little more sane at the moment than we were when got into this trouble - too little too late I suspect.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, of the reported £40m we need to raise for FFP compliance, how much do we think we've already covered?

Wages for Johnstone, Samba, Snodgrass, Agbonlahor, Onomah, Terry, Tuanzebee, Grabban, Round and Wyness will mean we're operating at a very rough guess about £18m lighter than last year as things stand. I suspect with some of the other cost savings we've made, we're probably about half way there.

Of course, it might be that those savings have already been figured in and we're looking for £40m on top of that - in which case, we're even more fouled up than we thought. 

None of this will help our ongoing battle to pay the taxman or the other people we owe cash too, and that's our more pressing trouble, but I guess we're a little more sane at the moment than we were when got into this trouble - too little too late I suspect.

 

I wouldn't have the slightest clue.

I don't even know what constitutes legitimate source of income in order to comply with FFP, aside from gate money and player sales.

If it's 40 million on top of that. I can't see us having anyone with a record of note playing for us come the start of the season.

Your comment of too little too late and being more sane than we were previously has gone over my head, can you elaborate?

As far as I'm concerned I'm none the wiser than when I first caught wind that we were up *hit creek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, of the reported £40m we need to raise for FFP compliance, how much do we think we've already covered?

Wages for Johnstone, Samba, Snodgrass, Agbonlahor, Onomah, Terry, Tuanzebee, Grabban, Round and Wyness will mean we're operating at a very rough guess about £18m lighter than last year as things stand. I suspect with some of the other cost savings we've made, we're probably about half way there.

Of course, it might be that those savings have already been figured in and we're looking for £40m on top of that - in which case, we're even more fouled up than we thought. 

None of this will help our ongoing battle to pay the taxman or the other people we owe cash too, and that's our more pressing trouble, but I guess we're a little more sane at the moment than we were when got into this trouble - too little too late I suspect.

 

Don't forget to factor in the drop in parachute payments for this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Your comment of too little too late and being more sane than we were previously has gone over my head, can you elaborate?

I mean that with FFP being based around operating losses, going into this season, we've reduced our wage bill significantly (to the detriment of the squad), so that even with the drop in incomes, going forwards we'll be in a better position for FFP.

However, I think FFP isn't our biggest problem, our primary problems are with owing money and being unable to find the cash to pay our immediate bills. We've taken action to make the club more stable as an ongoing concern; but it might already be too late. We're taking steps to reduce our losses, but we aren't able to pay the bills for the losses we've already incurred.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2018 at 05:30, daggy_333 said:

Apparently we need to find £40mil to comply with FFP.

 

Grealish £20mil + £25k??per week x52= £21.3m

Kodjia £7mil +  £30k??? x 52 = £8.56m

Chester £8mil = £30k??? x 52 = £9.56m

Total = £39.42m so that would be there or there abouts.

 

I must also point out i know sod all about how this FFP stuff works.

 

Problem solved 😂😭

It's not just the £40 million we need to find though. We have serious debts and need urgent investment ON TOP of selling the above players.

FFP is one thing. Not paying your bills is another. And it's the latter we need to worry about. FFP really isn't the biggest issue here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO,

Can anyone with a half decent understanding of FFP elucidate us with how our new ownership/investment structure affects what we are able to do in the transfer market? 

They are talking about strengthening the playing squad but is that even possible given ongoing FFP restrictions? Do we still need to sell Grealish? Or is there some sort of reprieve given in these circumstances? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can tell you that the 3 week analysis of the club takes us past the transfer deadline

in theory they could do absolutely nothing and then make commercial revenue adjustments during the course of the season, player sale revenue / player purchase expenditure in January, the accounts dont have to be settled right now they just have to be balanced by the next time we submit them

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting v4e. Does you know when we next need to submit? I guess over that period we could play the game a bit - get some extra investment through egregious sponsorship arrangements etc like Man City do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

annual accounts so in theory the financial year, we have until next May to balance it

Oh look. Some man just bought 7 million tops!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickCousens said:

SO,

Can anyone with a half decent understanding of FFP elucidate us with how our new ownership/investment structure affects what we are able to do in the transfer market? 

They are talking about strengthening the playing squad but is that even possible given ongoing FFP restrictions? Do we still need to sell Grealish? Or is there some sort of reprieve given in these circumstances? 

The first thing it does, is to alleviate the immediate problems of being able to pay the wages and taxes etc. That's not FFP specific, but it was a huge issue and risk of Administration was real.

In terms of FFP, unfortunately the rules is the rules. As I posted earlier today, and as others have posted, Villa has a double FFP whammy this season. We receive an income drop of 18 million from the premier league parachute payments and we also get a reduced allowance for acceptable FFP losses (it reduces by 22 million) . So for the purposes of FFP we're 40 million down. all the tea in chin...Egypt can't cover that. It's notable i the statement from our new overlords and masters that they mention "sustainable". That's got to happen, both for reasons of sanity and for FFP. By the way, next season we get no parachute payment at all, so another 15 million drop in income.

The clubs wage bill has to drop from around 50-60 million last season to probably about 25 million this season and we need to somehow try and generate increases in income from other areas.

The playing squad needs to be much cheaper, much less costly. Which doesn't automatically equate to weaker, but it certainly equates to minimal high earners.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

So all back to this thread for a few weeks then.

Good old FFP

 

Ah the magic of the game...

Give it a few years and we'll all be cheering signing some new hot shot FFP lawyer rather than the players. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we have some ackers to do the basic things like pay the bills.....meanwhile we plan our new strategy and I am hoping that is driven by prudency as opposed to King Midas tactics.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at what has been happening in the states - major stadium rebuild, massive increase in season ticket sales.  Looks like these guys have BIG connections who will see the bigger picture and potential to invest in a brand.  Welcome to WES Villa Park, sponsored by Adidas.

Edited by allani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Ah the magic of the game...

Give it a few years and we'll all be cheering signing some new hot shot FFP lawyer rather than the players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites