The AVFC FFP thread

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Interesting thread 

Looks like rather than sanctions and fines, the EFL will look to work with the club and give them a time period to get back within the FFP limits.

Wasn't it always the case that you can have show losses show long as you can show a plan to reduce those losses ? 

I think my  "Villa Aid" concert idea will be in the plan.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Wasn't it always the case that you can have show losses show long as you can show a plan to reduce those losses ? 

I think my  "Villa Aid" concert idea will be in the plan.

In the plan? It IS the plan!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I remember almost a decade ago reading Peter Scudamore saying how much the "big four" had helped the Premier league in Asian markets

Was that when he was assistant trainer in the Twiston-Davies yard? ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

John percy reporting that we need to raise £50 million in the next two windows. 

I saw the same exact story released by two papers at exactly the same time.

If this exists then they should give some sort of substantive reason.

So for example we have saved about 17 million in wages just by letting the loan players go and a few transfers..... is that included? How about the fee for Amavi? The Recon deal for the training ground etc.

Its all airy fairy to me and for me to take it seriously I need some substance rather than a throw away line, they can be more specific if they have actual information.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

John percy reporting that we need to raise £50 million in the next two windows. 

Educated and perhaps slightly OTT estimate.

I think we will sell Grealish and one of Chester or kjodia - and offers for anyone else that comes in. But I think most of us are already resigned to that. 

• Like 1

We've seen a few beautiful figures banded about the papers lately - bearing in mind that any figure they use will be exagerated, as that is what they always do, then the real figure is probably about half - as we've all assumed for some time. Nothing story. 

On 14/06/2018 at 14:42, OutByEaster? said:

The modern game is first and foremost a television rights entity, that's where its value lies. It's a sporting entity second. I remember almost a decade ago reading Peter Scudamore saying how much the "big four" had helped the Premier league in Asian markets - having a settled group of teams at the top allows for viewers in other regions to more easily access the league. 

If a man in China picks Chelsea as his English team, he can be fairly sure they'll be modestly successful for some time; they'll be involved at the top and that will keep him interested. You need enough of those teams to allow for choice, but you don't want too many - too many teams like that is like a soap opera with too many new characters, it's hard to keep track of and your favourite might not be involved in as many stories. If that happens, people will turn over to Eastenders.....sorry, I mean La Liga.

TV wants leagues like they have in Scotland and Spain, the Premier league is probably a tiny bit too top heavy for them at the moment - big teams aren't making the Champions league - they'll find a way to fix that. It doesn't want someone like Southampton suddenly finding a fortune and pushing into the top 4. That'd be like when Jeremy Renner became Bourne - it'd be confusing and devalue the franchise. FFP is primarily about protecting the value of TV rights by keeping the cast list for the show nice and consistent.

I know what you are saying and I remember the big six threatening to start their owne league if the Premier League didnt give in to them.I also remember the clubs in the old european cup making noises about having a league ( so they can get even more $$$ )What I dont understand is that supporters would prefer to watch leagues, like Germany,Belgium,Scottish,Spain etc etc where the only real interest is who is going to finish 3rd.Even the champions league is like one of these leagues now.Its got to the stage where the only games I watch live are Villa and the FA Cup final.Other games like Manure Vs Liverpool or Spurs Vs Man $ity I tape and watch the game the next day, sometimes I only watch the hilites.Surely PPL like me are in the majority and not the minority.

Because of all this I cant understand what the Premier League are doing with their FFP rules.What are they actually trying to achieve, another La Leiga or SPL or Bundesliga or what FFS.

• 2 weeks later...

A question to those with a better understanding.

If we go into administration where does that leave Xia's ownership of the club?

In a normal business the administrators try to sell the business as a going concern, if you are in a consortium surely you are better off not going into partnership now but wait and maybe pick it up for pennies in the pound at a later date.

15 hours ago, mykeyb said:

If we go into administration where does that leave Xia's ownership of the club?

My understanding is that Tony steps aside and in comes an administrator to restructure the club and sell stuff to pay debts, with the intention to keep the company alive rather than liquidation which is just selling the lot off and closing down. Can't rule it out but I'd only see that happening if we were not a desirable club to buy, I think there will be plenty lined up. As for FFP, there's been an awful lot of negativity about it, but in our situation it may just have done what it was supposed to do and I'm glad it's there. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

My understanding is that Tony steps aside and in comes an administrator to restructure the club and sell stuff to pay debts, with the intention to keep the company alive rather than liquidation which is just selling the lot off and closing down. Can't rule it out but I'd only see that happening if we were not a desirable club to buy, I think there will be plenty lined up. As for FFP, there's been an awful lot of negativity about it, but in our situation it may just have done what it was supposed to do and I'm glad it's there

Do you not trust xia then? 

On one thread you are insulting people who question the owner and now you are thankful for FFP to stop us being ruined. Strange

21 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Do you not trust xia then? 

On one thread you are insulting people who question the owner and now you are thankful for FFP to stop us being ruined. Strange

Let me try that again. What is strange? That the owner deserves a fair trial AND that for whatever reason the cash has run dry and FFP has possibly stopped the effect of that being catastrophic? The two things can be so - don't you agree? Or do we all have to sign up to a plus or minus position on every element in the club we 'support'?

• 2 weeks later...

Tangential, but definitely related.  The Football League have just absolutely hammered Bournemouth with a whopping £4.75m fine for breaching FFP the year they got promoted.    Interestingly footage from the court case has been released to the public: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Tangential, but definitely related.  The Football League have just absolutely hammered Bournemouth with a whopping £4.75m fine for breaching FFP the year they got promoted.    Interestingly footage from the court case has been released to the public: 

Gotta love The Ace Face

7 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I've no idea how much Bournemouth failed FFP by but surely a precedent has been set by that fine now?

it's because of teams like bournemouth (and i think wolves and leicester) that they have now changed the rules to include points deduction as well as fine

Â