The AVFC FFP thread

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But we haven’t seen the accounts for the second year in the championship, the ones released in March/April were for the previous financial year. 

I’m no accountant, and I’m sure many people have much more of an understanding of it than me. But, for me if we were going to be so close to ffp, by failing to get promotion it would’ve been suicidal to sanction the likes of Terry. Xia is no fool and would’ve known the full implications, he would not want his reputation to be tarnished by allowing the club to be in that position.

Plus we don’t know how much had been given by sponsoring the training ground etc 

You’re right, he’s effectively estimating two years’ worth of results, so it is only an estimate. And he’ll be wrong in some of the ups and downs - but I don’t think he’ll be too far off overall. 

I think (can’t remember the link) that Wyness suggested we would be very close to the limit for this year. That would make sense, and would also make it clear there would be a big problem next year if we didn’t get up - so I think Terry was part of the gamble, and they genuinely believed it would be a case of securing promotion. 

You’re right re naming rights not being known, and there are a few other uncertainties - but given we know the big moving parts (parachute payments, allowed losses, transfers this season (ie, nothing major) and the fact we’ve only really got one big sellable asset - I can’t see the analysis being that far wrong. We’ll see I guess - I find it massively worrying though 

So the FFP gap is somewhere between £25 -£40m seems to be the two ends of the scale.

To offset that I will renewing my season ticket approx £550 - and I lost my peak cap at Wembley , so theirs another £16 going in the coffers early August !  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Has anyone factored in the Recon Training Complex. We dont know how much money that has brought in. Plus any stadium rights.. new shirt sponsors etc?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

Has anyone factored in the Recon Training Complex. We dont know how much money that has brought in. Plus any stadium rights.. new shirt sponsors etc?

Yeah I think it's fair to say that a lot hasn't been factored in to these projections. In reality, nobody who is not involved with the club can know the true ramifications of not getting promoted. 

There'll be cost cutting no doubt but its difficult to know how severe it'll be without knowing all of the facts.

34 minutes ago, KSV said:

Hopefully £1.8bn a season.

• Haha 1

The more I look at it the more it seems selling Jack is the only answer. 

Definitely going to have the rename Villa Park I reckon and we are going to have to swallow it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The more I look at it the more it seems selling Jack is the only answer. 

Definitely going to have the rename Villa Park I reckon and we are going to have to swallow it. 

Lotus villa park would be ok with for £10m  - but bear in mind that though the naming deals have a big headline figure - its usually over about 10 years - so it isn't actually that much.

Urgh, this is the start of the slippery slope. Obviously Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth etc got promoted the right way and sensibly. This is now our only choice but with such a squad overhaul its going to be a while to stand a chance - all last season's work counts for nothing when the back bone of the team is removed, you start over building on whats left.

On the flip side, this is what should have happened in the first place, its the sensible thing to do and the right thing to do, and there is evidence that this can and does happen. But on the negative side, all the teams coming down from now on will have two years of much larger parachute payments due to the new Sky deal exaggerating their FFP differential, further distancing themselves from the rest of us in the Championship. Serves us right.

A decent serving of humble pie is what the club needs, we have been mismanaged for so long now we need a root and branch overhaul and regain an identity rather arrogance thinking we have a right because we were once a big club. Football has moved on and dinosaurs face extinction.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Decent write up that, and whilst I understand the maths behind it can anyone explain the financial benefits of using amortized player values over the full contract length, rather than a strict money in Vs money out over that 12 month period. I know players are technically assets, but it just seems to make a situation like ours worse, as they are behaving like liabilities on the books unless sold.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Why don't they do a limited edition run of baseball caps and sell them at £1m each .    if we sell 40 we are sorted ! 

Interesting idea , the owner can't put cash in but say the club said we are going to fail FFP but if we can sell x amount of Villa Cap  to Y amount of fans this will offset it and  if this was achieved would this breach the rules ..its still income after all.

4 hours ago, spiezels said:

Thanks for that write up! 

Get some of the dead wood out. Keep Chester/Jacky,

Get Davies, RHM, O’Hare on the bench and another few strong loans. 

Agreed, keep our spine, promote a few youngsters, and get some strong loans in as you say.

I'd maybe even be willing to sacrifice Adomah and pray Green can be both fit, AND come good.

Sounds like shite but could be a blessing, some of us have wanted our best youngsters integrated for a while.

Add to that we still don't know the full extent of what Xia will be trying to do to bring it cash.

It's a setback but i'm not convinced we are doomed yet.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

At least the expectations which wont be as high next year which might actually suit us.

Can't really see this impacting expectations tbh. We'll just have a lower quality squad, most fans in the ground won't give a toss and will undoubtedly complain when we don't win.

Â