The AVFC FFP thread

21 hours ago, Mazrim said:

It's not just about selling players / reducing contracts to improve revenue, we can increase it by securing commercial deals and I'm sure that's the plan.

I don't think we'll have to sell Grealish, but if we dont go up it might happen anyway.

Go up though, and we start picking other people's finest jewellery. ;)

I think this is more the avenue we will be going down to beat ffp. 

There will be some lucrative 'commercial deals' and imaginative new income streams 'not in any way connected to our owners' 😉

With one of the guys that used to be on the ffp committee, I'll think we are well placed to know exactly how to get around what we need to. 

• Like 3

Interesting to see Derby escape a £65 million loss this season by allowing their owner Mel Morris to purchase Pride Park stadium for £80 million! (Listed as an asset worth £43 million) so almost double it's value 

If that's accepted then surely we could do similar or even "sell" alot of that random property that was paid off by the new owners at marked up prices?

Didn't we own houses businesses and even a mechanic business locally?

• Like 1

What about salaries being reduced to 1K a week with the rest being made up from sponsorship deals.  The player is no worse off and the clubs overhead shrinks.

Sponsorship deals can be made up companies under another umbrella company by the owners.

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

Interesting to see Derby escape a £65 million loss this season by allowing their owner Mel Morris to purchase Pride Park stadium for £80 million! (Listed as an asset worth £43 million) so almost double it's value 

If that's accepted then surely we could do similar or even "sell" alot of that random property that was paid off by the new owners at marked up prices?

Didn't we own houses businesses and even a mechanic business locally?

Good idea. I hope we use every dodge and book cooking scheme available. FFP is not a law, just a scheme which has failed entirely in its purpose.  The sooner it is abolished the better. Successful clubs treat it with the right level of contempt, so should we.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2019 at 02:56, terrytini said:

I still don’t understand how it all relates to gifts.

If I gave a pound towards Villas debts would it breach FFP ? If not,how about a tenner ? How about £100, or £100,000 ? Or what if my wealthy Uncle wants to give them £50,000,000 ? What if he is Edens ?

Or/and...

If I offered to pay for my next 20 years season tickets in advance ? That’d be £10,000.

And if I pay for my Programs, and food, in advance ? And if I’m happy pay £1000 for a shirt ? I know things like sponsorship deals have to be justifiable but if they put a collection bucket outside the gates and it empties out at £40,000,000 surely that’s ok ?

So, if anyone knows ( knows, rather than ‘reckons’) how Clubs stand as regards people giving them ‘no strings’ gifts, and/or upfront payments, I’d be interested.

Or if I buy the stadium off myself ?

Im not at all surprised at hearing what Derby have done and I think it’s just one of many ways an owner who is actually willing to spend his own money can get around FFP. 

It always seemed likely two very wealthy men wouldn’t have bought this car crash of a Club unless they had a scheme.

Nothings certain of course, but I can’t help feeling it’s a non issue.

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Good idea. I hope we use every dodge and book cooking scheme available. FFP is not a law, just a scheme which has failed entirely in its purpose.  The sooner it is abolished the better. Successful clubs treat it with the right level of contempt, so should we.

Agree.

Although it’s no good us complaining if our billionaires get fed up 5 years down the road and all our book cookery comes back to bite us !

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

9 points punishment?

Keep Jack and McGinn. Sign Mings and Hause.

We'll win the league with games to spare regardless.

The thing is I don't even think it would be as high as nine points. Blose got it as they ignored the rules. I think ours would be about six max. Doing all the above and I think we will walk the league next year. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is I don't even think it would be as high as nine points. Blose got it as they ignored the rules. I think ours would be about six max. Doing all the above and I think we will walk the league next year. 

I would say it'd be worth a couple of games that, make sure we keep the ones we need to keep regardless of a points deduction which I don't think we will get anyway. According to Purslow is that we've been working within FFP,  he doesn't say how close we are to breaking it just that were working within the rules.

I would like to say if we we're in any real danger then why on earth would we of splashed out for kalanic when we could of made do with steer.

I'm sure we can easy maintain our team we want all while letting certain players go who should leave.

It's not to far away now till we start finding out what moves our owners, Club and Coach will make, I think they were very smart in pulling the right people in to do the jobs that need doing, we are in very good hands.

Usually when things are quite then things are ok, it's when the noise starts we should maybe pay a little more attention.

Obviously if our owners sell Grealish then were still that selling club, I myself think he's to good to let go and if we're in the championship next season we need him. It will be another hell of a statement if our owners tell spurs or any club, hands off again this summer. That will mean we are not a selling club any longer in terms of selling our prized possessions. I certainly don't think our owners came here to make money, I think they made that clear when they said they wanted to win things and bring trophy's to Aston Villa. I also think they wouldn't of cleared the house of everyone and hired new people like Jesus, Purslow and ibbetson if they wasn't serious about getting back to the premier.

Brian Little is also still advisor to the owners/board is he not?? Obviously he is seen as a very respectable source of information and is aiding our owners and it helps them make there choices.

On 04/04/2019 at 18:05, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m pretty sure Jacks will leave if we don’t go up. I think the other 3 we can keep though. 

None of them will be here without promotion.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

None of them will be here without promotion.

Hause will be. Probably mginn too.

if Wolves can convince Nevez, Jota, cavalero, Costa and Boli to stay or play there I’m sure we can convince Mginn to stay if promotion chances look good.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hause will be. Probably mginn too.

if Wolves can convince Nevez, Jota, cavalero, Costa and Boli to stay or play there I’m sure we can convince Mginn to stay if promotion chances look good.

They got promoted though...

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

They got promoted though...

Yeh I meant the year before they got promoted. All these players wanted to play for Wolves when they could have gone elsewhere. 

Edit: added in the word before

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh I meant the year they got promoted. All these players wanted to play for Wolves when they could have gone elsewhere. 

I don’t get your point, sorry.

OP said McGinn wouldn’t hang around if we didn’t get promoted. Your example of why he would is because Wolves’ players did... but that team DID get promoted. I doubt they would have stayed if Wolves didn’t go up (most were loans anyway?). 

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t get your point, sorry.

OP said McGinn wouldn’t hang around if we didn’t get promoted. Your example of why he would is because Wolves’ players did... but that team DID get promoted. I doubt they would have stayed if Wolves didn’t go up (most were loans anyway?). 

OP said we would lose Mcginn, Hause, Mings and Grealish if we didn’t go up.  

I don’t think those that joined did so on the condition we must go up this season.

So my point was just because we don’t go up it doesn’t mean we will not be able to attract players of this type quality anymore.

Wolves were proof of that. Costa, Carvello , Bennet and Coady stayed whilst Neves, Jota and Boli joined. (Agree 2 on loan with option to buy but all three new additions could easily have gone straight to a premier league club).

Even though they faced relegation the season before  they could still attract this  kind of talent because a) they could afford to pay them and b) they could convince them they would get promoted.

Why can’t we do the same?

edit: I just realised I missed out the word ‘ ‘before’ on my previous post so can see why it didn’t make sense :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If there is anything in this it will warrant it's own thread, but as it stands now it's just a rumor in a paper.

Still, interesting if it turns out to be true. Having Edens, Sawiris and Qatar behind us would be a bit OTT :D 

Just paper talk thou.

QSI, owner of PSG, has views of Roma ... and England

As Qatar's Corriere Dello Sport has revealed, Qatar is interested in taking over AS Roma. But it is rather in England that he could embark on new investments in football.

Will Qatar increase its influence on European football? Qatar Sport Investments (QSI), owner of the PSG and chaired by Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, is studying several issues on which the Emirate would be willing to invest.

As the Corriere Dello Sport unveiled, one of the tracks leads to AS Roma. The Italian newspaper mentioned an offer - refused - € 400 million, which the current owner James Pallotta, an American billionaire, denied. However, according to our information, the link between Qatar and Roma is real. As it happens to him very regularly, the Emirate was asked by a merchant bank mandated to find new investors to the Italian club.

Qatar is already established in the United Kingdom

QSI remains attentive to the evolution of the Roman file, but it is especially in the Channel that its desire for expansion could quickly be translated. Qatar has a strong presence in the United Kingdom, where it owns the legendary Harrods store. Second division clubs, which have a strong brand, would offer the Emirate very good prospects for development. For example, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa or Queens Park Rangers.

And already has a club in Belgium

For Qatar, setting out to conquer England would be a new way to strengthen its presence on European football. This is of course materialized by the PSG but also by Eupen , in Belgium, led by Claude Makelele and property of the Aspire Academy.

In the event of a repurchase of a club of international stature, Qatar will have to find the solution to guarantee its independence in the eyes of the European authorities, whose regulations specify that "no physical or moral person can have the control or exert influence on more than one club participating in UEFA competitions. "

The previous Red Bull

Red Bull, the majority owner of Leipzig and Salzburg, cleverly found the parade. The Austrian energy drink brand, which owns 100% of Salzburg and owns 49% of the shares of RB Leipzig, has put a non-profit organization at the head of the German club, of which around 20 members are employed by ... Red Bull. Corriere Dello Sport does not indicate that Qatar Sport Investments (QSI), the owner of the PSG, is the author of the recent takeover bid.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/qsi-proprietaire-du-psg-a-des-vues-sur-la-roma-et-sur-l-angleterre-10-04-2019-8050380.php

Â