The AVFC FFP thread

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Hmm I’m not sure if that was all that patient or not lol.

I should’ve made clear, having read the entire quote, can they or can’t they ?

What exactly is a small gift ? I mean, to me, a small gift is a few thousand pounds, but to a multi billionaire ?

Is the crucial bit that the6 don’t want it back ?

And how many friends, family, and relations of the Owners can make them ?

Not really expecting definite answers, but I think it’s at least a grey area - certainly in my brain it is !

Anyway, we will see in time I’m sure.

Well, you know, I would be happy to receive a small gift if you are feeling so inclined.... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

250k a week off the books once we release jedinak, whelan and adomah in summer according to some papers today. 

jesus f-n christ those wages are not justified.

21 hours ago, sne said:

Well my post was obviously a joke, but they will equally not be happy if they are despite their wealth unable to put money into the club due to FFP rules I'd imagine.

ok

I agree.

On 23/03/2019 at 18:04, terrytini said:

To be fair if you give someone  the words “ Redknapp” and “ financial catastrophe”, then ask them to add a couple to make a sentence, most people wouldn’t choose to add “ cleverly averted a”....or “has never caused a”..............🙂

I like Harry, Terry, I really do but we all know what Harry is, an opportunist....but a fun guy too....very popular in his industry I would wager.

That's why we have to stick with Dean and let him develop the team/club.....There are far too many opportunist managers out there, just in it for themselves and dismissive of what they leave behind once they have gone.

Dean may well be not the best manager in the world, but he is one of us and cares about the club...He will make decisions in the clubs interest and when time is required, he will be well placed to be patient.....There will be peaks and troughs, but we have to hope the overall is a gradual up.

We all need to rid our thoughts of these opportunist managers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Out of contract:

Jedinak, Elphick, Richards, Whelan, Bunn, Hutton, De Laet, Gardner - Full expect those to leave

Loanees Returning:

Axel, Abraham, Carroll, El Ghazi, Hause, Mings - Hopefully we can sign a couple of these perm

Sell/give away to anyone dumb enough

Taylor, Lansbury, McCormack, Tshibola, Hogan, Elmo, Adomah - Expect maybe two or three of these to go

Then the unfortunate business of selling Jack and an approx further 40k a week saved on wages (if we don't go up)

Massive weekly savings there and should hopefully be able to sign a few players in the Guilbert model.  No more ex prem journeyman on big wages.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

250k a week off the books once we release jedinak, whelan and adomah in summer according to some papers today. 

That doesnt make sense, would mean they are on an average of about 80k a week 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Could be wrong but I suspect there should be an “etc” there in Dem’s post.

The likes of Richards, Elphick, RDL would bump it up to that sort of number...the quote of £250,000 a week or £13 million a year seems to be doing the rounds a lot.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The likes of Richards, Elphick, RDL would bump it up to that sort of number...the quote of £250,000 a week or £13 million a year seems to be doing the rounds a lot.

Yeah i think the 250k a week thing is based on us effectively releasing all out of contract senior players, ie: Jedinak, de  laet, whelan, Richards, Elphick, Hutton etc etc etc.

Sure I saw somewhere that we are looking to save 18m a year on salaries, not sure how we can manage that though as all of the above is what....12m?, not including bonus, and not signing anyone else, 18m is a big ass chunk to try and save.

All of the above might be 18m including bonus and additional etc?, no idea.

Even so thats assuming we don't sign anyone else, which we will....

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

imagine we'd bring in players to replace those leaving and that these players will want to be paid as well?

Sure we can lower the salaries, but not with £18m or whatever.

We need to get up somehow this season for all sorts of reasons. But if we don't, theres no reas9n for despair. A lot of chaff on big money are coming to the end of their contracts. We'll look to sign younger higher ceilling players on less money to replace them and also, what many people forget, there should be a few big commercial contracts coming into effect.

It's not the end of the world. And if it looks like we cant comply then our multibilliobaire owners may as well go nuts.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Out of contract:

Jedinak, Elphick, Richards, Whelan, Bunn, Hutton, De Laet, Gardner - Full expect those to leave

Loanees Returning:

Axel, Abraham, Carroll, El Ghazi, Hause, Mings - Hopefully we can sign a couple of these perm

Taylor, Lansbury, McCormack, Tshibola, Hogan, Elmo, Adomah - Expect maybe two or three of these to go

Then the unfortunate business of selling Jack and an approx further 40k a week saved on wages (if we don't go up)

Massive weekly savings there and should hopefully be able to sign a few players in the Guilbert model.  No more ex prem journeyman on big wages.

How much in Transfer fees has this lot cost the club and we will get very little (if any) back on their departure. No wonder we are where we are.

Yeah, the saving on releasing all these players has to be offset with the wages on the players that will have to come in.

I suppose one plus is that we don’t really need to bring in a replacement for Jedinak, Richards, RDL, Bunn, Gardner or arguably Hutton. We don’t use five of those players at all and we’ve managed ok since Hutton’s injury. That’s probably £150k a week there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Out of contract:

Loanees Returning:

He might be a "pig in a poke" until we see him play.?

21 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

players out of contract in summer:

jedinak - 50k

Elphick - 35k

Hutton - 30k

Whelan - 40k

Green - will be renewed

Richards - 55k

Steer - will be renewed (or hasnt it already?)

Bunn - 30k

so 240k - my estimates probably wrong though so 250k is about right...i dont think RDL is out of contract though

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

players out of contract in summer:

jedinak - 50k

Elphick - 35k

Hutton - 30k

Whelan - 40k

Green - will be renewed

Richards - 55k

Steer - will be renewed (or hasnt it already?)

Bunn - 30k

so 240k - my estimates probably wrong though so 250k is about right...i dont think RDL is out of contract though

Bunn on 30k makes my eyes water. Any 3rd rate goalie should be given a basic salary of 30K per year, I mean that’s about the average UK salary a year I think and to do what? hardly ever play, keep fit for free and have a laugh with your mates playing football. Players like Stuart Taylor and Richard Wright made a career of literally doing nothing. A little like half of our squad now. 

IMO it's also likely that players who are not out of contract will leave.

Thor and Adomah for example, Kodija or Hogan. Taylor hopefully. Elmo?

All of these guys are on way too high wages compared to what they offer.

Granted someone has to want them for us to get rid, but I imagine at least a few of them will leave regardless of promotion or not.

And then there are the few players we do not want to lose that other clubs might actually want.

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah that's true. But I think they forgot to add Richards to that and if you add him can't be far off. 

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah that's true. But I think they forgot to add Richards to that and if you add him can't be far off. 

A lill dicky bird tells me Richard's will retire through injury at the end of the season and we will recoup 80% of the contract. 

Â