Olof Mellberg

Wezbid

22 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I met him once. Actually met him. I genuinely did not know what to say to him 😂

His wife is almost as stunning as he is 

I was having a meal in San Carlo restaurant on Temple St. on one of my pilgrimages to Villa Park and Olof was in there with his wife and parents I think...she was very pretty.

Olof had a pizza for his starter!

I was trying to pluck up some courage to say hello but my Wife thought we should respect his privacy so I left him alone. I'm glad I did in retrospect.

It was his last season with us and I think his last home game before the Wet Spam away if memory serves me right!

On 19/08/2021 at 20:15, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I was having a meal in San Carlo restaurant on Temple St. on one of my pilgrimages to Villa Park and Olof was in there with his wife and parents I think...she was very pretty.

Olof had a pizza for his starter!

I was trying to pluck up some courage to say hello but my Wife thought we should respect his privacy so I left him alone. I'm glad I did in retrospect.

It was his last season with us and I think his last home game before the Wet Spam away if memory serves me right!

Pizza for a starter is amazing

On 19/08/2021 at 20:15, Zhan_Zhuang said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

• 1 year later...

Olof Mellberg

The retired defender says he has "always been a fan of rock music" and in November 2006 had a personal visit at Aston Villa's training ground from Swedish heavy metallers In Flames, who were touring with Slayer at the time. "In Flames contacted the club and said they wanted to come along to the training ground to say hi," explained Mellberg to the Daily Mirror. "Not a lot of people from Sweden come to Birmingham so it is nice when they do and you get to meet them - they are interesting guys. I went to their concert too and it was heavy stuff but I didn't bang my head and jump up and down. I wanted to save my energy for Blackburn but I grew up with rock and have always been a fan of that kind of music." He added: "I don't think I will play any of their albums in the changing room as the majority of players wouldn't enjoy it."

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/england-football-kit-heavy-metal-music/

• Like 2

Â