Fantasy Football Draft 2017/8

sexbelowsound

11 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I can't register the league until this time next week so then we can try and decide a time that's good for all. 

Kewl brah

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Its a complete copy of Togga only hopefully unlike Togga its not been coded by squirrels.

How do you mean?

In terms of scoring does the scoring mirror the usual way they score the Fantasy Football game or is it the same as Togga was?

Does it have a needless lack of autosubs with that stupid window just before kick off to change?

Those were the two major things that turned me off Togga. Even before the website went to shit.

Edited by Stevo985

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How do you mean?

In terms of scoring does the scoring mirror the usual way they score the Fantasy Football game or is it the same as Togga was?

Does it have a needless lack of autosubs with that stupid window just before kick off to change?

Those were the two major things that turned me off Togga. Even before the website went to shit.

The scoring system is the same as the regular game minus captains/vice captains.

I'd imagine as there are auto subs in the original game as well that there will be in this although I've seen nothing to confirm this.

What i'm hoping for is the fun of the draft and the unique teams minus the crazy stats, micromanagement and clunky interface.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The scoring system is the same as the regular game minus captains/vice captains.

I'd imagine as there are auto subs in the original game as well that there will be in this also although I've seen nothing to confirm this.

What i'm hoping for is the fun of the draft and the unique teams minus the crazy stats, micromanagement and clunky interface.

Cool. Strange that they don't include captains though. Wonder why.

Yeah I agree with your last sentence. Although I think the different scoring system would be fine once you're used to it, but I'd rather it mirrored the usual FF game for my own sanity.
I don't micromanagement either. But forcing you to do your micromanagement in a tiny window of time in the week was frustrating.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Cool. Strange that they don't include captains though. Wonder why.

Yeah I agree with your last sentence. Although I think the different scoring system would be fine once you're used to it, but I'd rather it mirrored the usual FF game for my own sanity.
I don't micromanagement either. But forcing you to do your micromanagement in a tiny window of time in the week was frustrating.

Yeah. I don't mind micromanaging tbh but the game interface needs to be worth it.

I played the NFL one this year (and won :D) and that requires micromanagement but the yahoo interface is so slick it makes it worth while.

@StefanAVFC

It's a great idea and it'll be interesting to see how it works.  I won't be doing it this year.  No Villa, no Brian.

Choosing the draft option will make it much much harder to be in many leagues though, because your squad will have to be different in each one.  No more maintaining one squad and winning multiple leagues if you go the draft route.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's a great idea and it'll be interesting to see how it works.  I won't be doing it this year.  No Villa, no Brian.

Choosing the draft option will make it much much harder to be in many leagues though, because your squad will have to be different in each one.  No more maintaining one squad and winning multiple leagues if you go the draft route.

That's exactly why I said above I'd only be in the VT league if I don't get a friends league together. Too time consuming for me.

As for the no Villa thing, I actually enjoyed Fantasy Football more last season than ever before, and I think no Villa was a huge reason for it. It left me completely uninfluenced by Villa related factors, and gave me a reason to take an interest in the Prem.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

That's exactly why I said above I'd only be in the VT league if I don't get a friends league together. Too time consuming for me.

As for the no Villa thing, I actually enjoyed Fantasy Football more last season than ever before, and I think no Villa was a huge reason for it. It left me completely uninfluenced by Villa related factors, and gave me a reason to take an interest in the Prem.

Yeah I remember us talking in the previous thread about how you liked no Villa in it and I didn't.  While I understand that not having them in the FF league means no influencing, for me it was more fundamental.  No Villa in the Prem meant I simply wasn't interested in the Prem.  I'd honestly say I watched 2 MOTDs last season and that'll probably be similar this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah I remember us talking in the previous thread about how you liked no Villa in it and I didn't.  While I understand that not having them in the FF league means no influencing, for me it was more fundamental.  No Villa in the Prem meant I simply wasn't interested in the Prem.  I'd honestly say I watched 2 MOTDs last season and that'll probably be similar this season.

I was probably the same. I basically followed the premier league via results and fantasy football :D 

36 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Leagues can be between 2 and 16 teams. Anyone feel strongly on limiting it to a specific number? We currently have 10 in with 1 maybe.

More the better I'd say. Would make more of a challenge.

It worth trying get a rough idea of draft date now - see when people are/aren't available?

17 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

More the better I'd say. Would make more of a challenge.

It worth trying get a rough idea of draft date now - see when people are/aren't available?

Sure, why not.

I was going to wait until I can set up the league just so I can find out if there are any limitations to the draft but if people want to start throwing out dates and times they're available why not.

If people want to start throwing out days and times they'd prefer i'll put it next to peoples names on the first post.

Edited by sexbelowsound

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Sure, why not.

I was going to wait until I can set up the league just so I can find out if there are any limitations to the draft but if people want to start throwing out dates and times they're available why not.

If people want to start throwing out days and times they'd prefer i'll put it next to peoples names on the first post.

Deadline for draft is 11th Aug at 6.45pm.

For me, midweek evenings after 6.30pm are best, especially w/c 31/7 and 7/8. Later draft would also mean more transfers have gone through.

Dates I definitely can't do are 18/7, 25-30/7 & 6/8.