Fantasy Football Draft 2017/8

sexbelowsound

This is my squad now. Pretty happy with it! (I'm aware Costa won't play, but I'm hoping he mends his bridges. The Strikers left available are so poor that it's worth having him in on the off chance)

Draft.PNG

Edited by Stevo985

7 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

So you suck on two levels? :P

Three, also waivers. Went for both Carroll and Gross. Couldn't decide on waiver order. Went Gross first in the end. Got him, but missed out on Carroll. If had gone Carroll first would've got both by looks of it. Dammit.

Edited by tomsky_11
Waivers, not drafting. Four levels.
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I'm loving my league (your league is too big).

I'm slowly climbing the ranks. Lost my first 3 games because I signed a few gambles and injured players in the draft. but I've only lost 2 since then and I've got the second highest "normal" points in the league.

I'm confident.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm loving my league (your league is too big).

I'm slowly climbing the ranks. Lost my first 3 games because I signed a few gambles and injured players in the draft. but I've only lost 2 since then and I've got the second highest "normal" points in the league.

I'm confident.

Yeah I have another league that's smaller it's definitely more enjoyable. I think if you have about 8 it's a good balance

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to say i am not enjoying this one, 18 points this week and there are no players to sign. The way the draft worked with the rotating I got left three utter lame strikers. not even one half decent one 

Shame. I'm getting on ok with it and have similar record to you.

16 teams put a lot of emphasis on getting draft right. If you missed some or all of it and didn't have a watchlist set then it's gonna be harder.

Think you missed the start which may have led to your early picks being what they are. Only one of your first 5 picks was a forward. And there were 4 strikers picked after your last one that have so far individually outscored all 3 of your picks combined. Don't really think it was a rotation issue.

As for available free agents/waivers, plenty of decent ones have come and gone. I think five of my best XI were signed post draft. And there are still plenty available, loads of decent defenders flying around. Even upfront there are a few picking up ok points.

• 6 months later...

I won my draft league. 

Luckily I’d pulled out a huge lead early on. So despite a collapse and only winning 1 of my last 7 games, I still won by 6 points. 

I enjoyed it, but only about 4 people in our league were bothered after the first few weeks. 

11 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Add in trades and it takes the game play to where it should be. This game goes from being exhilarating on draft day to to utterly dull and boring within two weeks.

Yeah that was the problem for us.

For those people with a decent team, it wasn't dull, because you had something to play for.

But for those who came out of the draft with a shit team, they were ****. The lack of trades made it incredibly difficult to improve a team.

On 14/05/2018 at 12:56, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that was the problem for us.

For those people with a decent team, it wasn't dull, because you had something to play for.

But for those who came out of the draft with a shit team, they were ****. The lack of trades made it incredibly difficult to improve a team.

Yeah i agree Steve. Funny enough I had one of the shortest teams at draft as I missed my turn as I got confused when it was my go to begin with. And ended with shit players like rondon who was at the top.

I was 2nd from bottom for half the seaaon then i ended up going on a run and finished 6th. Very happy with that.

Lost two games by 1 point.  It does get stale quickly though. Think best way is to ensure you use around 6-8 players as then it freshers it up. Having the max amount of people doesnt work.