Crash Bandicoot n-sane trilogy

jjaacckk91

Couldn't find a thread for this so thought I'd start one.

Fancied a bit of a nostalgia trip and this popped it's head up about the right time.

Went round 4 shops today to pick it up and all sold out, even the online retailers appear to have sold out.

Did they massively underestimate sales for this, produce limited stock or has it just sold that well?

Either way I'm sure it'll be just as good as it was 20(has it really been that long) years ago.

3 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Did they massively underestimate sales for this, produce limited stock or has it just sold that well?

This game has had the best launch window sales of any single-platform game released this year.

Stores would have known this game was going to be popular, but it's always a hard call with games like this.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Is this just a lazy remake or a new game?

It's a full remake of the first 3 games. Same games, new graphics, a few minor tweaks.

Meaning they'll be a shit as they were 20 years ago ;)

• Like 1

Apparently some tweaks to the jump mechanics in this has made it even more bastard hard than it used to be.

Seemingly the original 3 games all had slightly different jump mechanics, so they decided to roll back the jumping system from 3 to the other games, which included momentum, which makes parts of 1 even more incredibly difficult than before. They also have changed the mechanics of collission, so where previously provided part of Crash's feet are on a platform he won't fall, now unless enough of his feet are on the platform he will fall.

These games were rubbish, and hard, 20 years ago. I'm not sure I could face them being made even harder.

It's only harder now because Vicarious Visions didn't create a bespoke collision mesh for Crash's feet, it should be a relatively easy fix if Vicarious care enough.  

Though as per usual "pro" gamers are heralding this "issue" as great because skilled players can use the edge slide to get more distance on jumps, but for the average players out there this is making the game a nightmare to play. 

The Mrs bought me this for my birthday, only just managed to play it after being on holiday. 

It hasn't disappointed one bit. Still really enjoyable, fun and infuriating. It's also got the Mrs playing the PlayStation for the first time with me. 

I'd recommend to anyone who played and enjoyed the originals. 

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:59, Dr_Pangloss said:

Meh, developers are so lazy these days.

Wouldn't really call this lazy, full remakes are difficult, particularly with a platformer. Change the mechanics and you risk making the game unplayable or too easy.

As for Crash, never quite got on board with the fan base these games had, there were always better platformers around (Spyro, anything Mario was doing at the time) I think nostalgia has earned them a better reputation than they deserve

23 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Wouldn't really call this lazy, full remakes are difficult, particularly with a platformer. Change the mechanics and you risk making the game unplayable or too easy.

As for Crash, never quite got on board with the fan base these games had, there were always better platformers around (Spyro, anything Mario was doing at the time) I think nostalgia has earned them a better reputation than they deserve

A lot easier than making a new game. The ideas are low so they are resorting to remakes. It's virtually no different from the PS1 game by the looks of it

The girly, who has zero interest in modern gaming, could not believe I didn't get this when it came out, and was awfully disappointed when she discovered it was sold out in stores.

Tesco Direct have (or at least did have) stock so I ordered it last week and got it Saturday.

I thought Overcooked might test our relationship to breaking point, it's got nothing on this.

Â